Just got back from Atlanta, and Reggie was on the plane (1 Viewer)

Optimusaint

robot in disguise
Reaction score
i flew out to Atlanta on Friday afternoon to hang out with some friends that live there now, and it was a lot of fun. if i didnt have an irrational hatred for the falcons, i would probably say that Atlanta was a nice city. i spent most of my time in Little Five Points and around Highland Ave.

i went to a restaurant called The Vortex and ate a burger called the Double Bypass. it was a burger with a fried egg, 3 strips of bacon, 3 slices of cheese, lettuce tomato onion and pickles, all on two grilled cheese sandwiches as buns. it was pretty ridiculous, especially since im only around 150lbs. our waiter said hes sold about 20 in the year hes worked there, and only seen it eaten 4 times. i made it 5.

i also went to a crazy restaurant called R. Thomas Grill. everything is organic, no preservatives, and range meat products. really good food, and the atmosphere was wacky. we waited in the kitchen for our table to be ready, and the owner gave us all orange juice and apple slices while we were back there. eclectic place.

on saturday night i went to an underground hip hop club called MJQ. it was literally under ground. from the surface it looked like a shack in a parking lot, with no signs to give it away. we went down a loading dock ramp and entered a multi room nightclub with futuristic wall art and neon lights everywhere. there was a good crowd, with a few breakdancers and pop & lockers. i danced for a long time, met some cool local dancers, and even two guys from new orleans.

i also visited the High Museum, which was designed by two of my favorite architects, Richard Meier and Renzo Piano. im an architecture school dropout, so i spent more time examining the buildings than i did looking at the art inside. it was a pretty impressive place, and along with the skyline of Atlanta, it made me realise that New Orleans is lacking in good contemporary architecture in the CBD.

oh yeah, and on the flight back home, Reggie Bush was in line behind me to board the plane. i didnt even notice him, even when he dropped a bottle of apple juice and it rolled into my foot. i was fumbling for my boarding pass, and just said "you can go ahead of me man" without looking up, and he said "fa sho" and went ahead. meanwhile, my friend greg was already walking into the plane, and turned around to see why i wasnt following, his eyes lit up as reggie passed him, and mouthed the words "thats Reggie Bush" to me. i was like "what? i just let him cut me in line." sure enough, as we got in the plane, there was reggie in the first row of first class. i said "whats up reggie?" and he had the deer in headlights look at first, i suppose that he was trying to stay low key. then he said "hey" and i walked to my seat.

oh yeah, and i wore saints and hornets shirts and hats the entire time i was there. nobody seemed to mind. i guess the falcons fans just accept their recent misfortunes.

Awesome story! I'll be going to ATL in August for a few days. I'll have to check some of those places out.

Well, I can't believe anyone actually believes this.

And its waaaay too much information.

And:

"oh yeah, and on the flight back home, Reggie Bush was in line behind me to board the plane. i didnt even notice him, even when he dropped a bottle of apple juice and it rolled into my foot. i was fumbling for my boarding pass, and just said "you can go ahead of me man" without looking up, and he said "fa sho" and went ahead. meanwhile, my friend greg was already walking into the plane, and turned around to see why i wasnt following, his eyes lit up as reggie passed him, and mouthed the words "thats Reggie Bush" to me. i was like "what? i just let him cut me in line." sure enough, as we got in the plane, there was reggie in the first row of first class. i said "whats up reggie?" and he had the deer in headlights look at first, i suppose that he was trying to stay low key. then he said "hey" and i walked to my seat. "

Say what? LOL!

ddd

you dont have to believe it, it wont cheapen the experience for me. i suppose i should have gotten a picture of myself with him holding two forms of ID, while his grandmother confirmed by saying "thats my Reggie, always riding in planes".

or i could have just let the man be a normal person.

pretty hard to believe cause i saw him and KK in his car on vets and transcontinental yesterday around noon

And:

"oh yeah, and on the flight back home, Reggie Bush was in line behind me to board the plane. i didnt even notice him, even when he dropped a bottle of apple juice and it rolled into my foot. i was fumbling for my boarding pass, and just said "you can go ahead of me man" without looking up, and he said "fa sho" and went ahead. meanwhile, my friend greg was already walking into the plane, and turned around to see why i wasnt following, his eyes lit up as reggie passed him, and mouthed the words "thats Reggie Bush" to me. i was like "what? i just let him cut me in line." sure enough, as we got in the plane, there was reggie in the first row of first class. i said "whats up reggie?" and he had the deer in headlights look at first, i suppose that he was trying to stay low key. then he said "hey" and i walked to my seat. "

Say what? LOL!

ddd
If someone like aosinc was posting this, or if it came from a thread on a Giants board from a Cowboys board from someone's uncle who read it on a Redskins board, I might be skeptical. But I don't see Optimusaint as one to lie about something like this.

Thanks for sharing the story, Optimus.

And:

Say what? LOL!

ddd

That's not very nice. Why downplay the man's story?

B.T.W. I'm going to try that Double Bypass Burger next time I'm in the ATL.

Not necessary to bring in a Grandmother, I know how they are.

But a picture with Reggie holding up 2 forms of ID would be good!

ddd

it was a play on the Chappelle Show sketch about R. Kelly on trial. Chappelle said he would only believe the video if the girl was holding 2 forms of ID proving she was underage, and if R. Kelly's grandma was there to confirm it was him, along with a whole slew of other ridiculous proof that the video was real.

If someone like aosinc was posting this, or if it came from a thread on a Giants board from a Cowboys board from someone's uncle who read it on a Redskins board, I might be skeptical. But I don't see Optimusaint as one to lie about something like this.

Thanks for sharing the story, Optimus.

thanks man, i thought it was pretty cool too. i almost asked him for a picture at baggage pickup, but he was on the phone and by then he had a guy there to get his luggage for him, and i didnt wanna draw too much attention to him.

I don't feel like making a thread of my own, but this thread reminded me of my own encounter with a Saint the other day. I was at the Zurich Classic on Friday and we started out following Retief Goosen and his group on #10. After a hole or two, I realize that one of the "spectators" also walking with the group is none other than Eric Johnson. I didn't want to draw attention to him or anything so I let him just enjoy himself, but it was refreshing to see an NFL player just being an "average Joe" if you will and watching a round of golf. I know he's not as recognizable a guy as say Deuce or Reggie or Drew, but nonetheless...

you dont have to believe it, it wont cheapen the experience for me. i suppose i should have gotten a picture of myself with him holding two forms of ID, while his grandmother confirmed by saying "thats my Reggie, always riding in planes".

or i could have just let the man be a normal person.

i believe ya bro, why would u lie....and ur a fellow Bonnaroovian so i take whatever u say as the truth!!

i said "whats up reggie?" and he had the deer in headlights look at first,...

He could've had that look because it wasn't Reggie hehe. I love when I spot someone like that... always makes life feel a little more interesting! BTW don't go back to Atlanta... they might recruit you for the team. I hear they're looking for anybody.

Surely the leader of the Autobots would not lie! Blasphemy!

Nor would Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan-117 either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom