Just got back to the hotel after the game. How I feel. (1 Viewer)

AmerVet

The 1 Arm Receiver
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, 1st let me say that The Tampa fans in our section were absolutely amazing to me and my son. They were all rah rah like any other fanbase but I felt as comfortable around them as I do in the dome. When we made big plays, me and my boy got rah rah and did some poking at the Bucs fans but all was fun.

As far as the game on the field, I saw what you guys all saw.
1. Offense is in better hands when the OC is making the calls.
2. Return team is useless. I was almost on the field and all I seen were missed blocks and lackluster effort.
3.We need to focus on both Lines in the upcoming draft.
4. Coach Payton is costing us games.......no he really is. We were all screaming for him to run on 3rd and 1, and 4th and 1. What does he do?, go empty. He doesnt even give the illusion that a run might be in play.....on 3rd and 1, and 4th and freakin 1.
5. Done with Fleener (man he just doesn't have it. Hes not a rookie but he plays like a scared rookie who can't secure a catch under any kind of pressure)
6. Missed tackles are killing us, not because the defender doesn't secure the tackle, but because we don't gang tackle. Too many tackles were wiffed because there wasn't any help to secure it.
6. Done with Cadet( the play was right in front of me. He gets paid too much to drop that ball, and he continuously drops those types of balls.)
7. Drew....I don't know whats going on. I mean I just can't call it.
8. Lutz is improving.

I want to thank the Bucs fans who cheered up my sobbing son. After Drew Threw the 3rd pick, my son, who moments before was loudly shouting out "I believe in Drew" over and over was now standing in disbelief with his head in his hand. I felt so bad for my little man but I told him that you have to learn to take a lose if you want to ever enjoy the game of football. We leave Tampa tomorrow to head back to Miami but its going to be a long ride. WhoDat! Maybe next year eh.

That's rough, mate. Tell your son to hang in there. Mine got back from a baseball tournament absolutely crushed they lost in the semi-final. That's sports. Especially baseball which is a game of failure defined by small successes.

I think it's beautiful that you get to share these memories with your son. I know with my Pops, when I was growing up, the only time I could stay up past 9pm was when I was watching MNF.

Good stuff man. Tell the lil tyke to hold his head up. There will be more victories.

I agree both the OL and DL need more help, also LBs , TE , CB well list keeps going

The fact that you used that to teach a life lesson is awesome. Not only in football, but in life. You lose, you suffer a bit, shake it off, and start again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom