Just got first Madden game since Drew Brees cover. (1 Viewer)

SaintBoof

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
And just found out Sean Payton is not in it.

:(

So stupid ughgh that's a damper.

Well at least this year he at least resembles Sean Payton somewhat. He's been a fat white guy with white hair named Dusty for the last few years.

SP was first removed from the Madden 13 game after the bounty crap came out. Belichick is also left out of the game, because he is not a member of the coaches association.

It's unclear why SP is not back in the game at this point. Either EA is so incredibly lazy that they have never fixed it, or SP (like Belichick) is no longer part of the coaches association.

Payton Belichek and parcels aren't a part of the coaches association which madden obtains the right from to use the coaches names and faces. That's why we are stuck with some old grey haired white man named Dusty McDonald lol

I thought about buying it today. But I bought MLB The Show instead and I'm having a blast with it. I watched videos of the Madden 16 gameplay and it looks no different than the 15 game. I might buy it next week when I go buy Metal Gear Solid. Just tired of playing the same game over and over and over.......

I thought about buying it today. But I bought MLB The Show instead and I'm having a blast with it. I watched videos of the Madden 16 gameplay and it looks no different than the 15 game. I might buy it next week when I go buy Metal Gear Solid. Just tired of playing the same game over and over and over.......
It is very different.

There's a lot of that going around apparently. Last night I decided to load up some sports games on my PS4 so grabbed Madden 25 for $20, first since 2011 Brees cover just like OP. Just created Payton but he looks like Pete Carroll. lol

Oddly enough, I haven't played Madden since 2008 but I bought 2016. I bought the 2009 version with Brees on the cover, but never opened it.

My overall impression is that the game is better than it was in 2008. However, it still is not as well done as the NCAA football games. Which is perplexing since EA made both games. Anyway, it still has glitches that make no sense, but the game is showing progress. Although I'm not sure why it has taken this long to get where it is.

Yeah, graphically it's much better and some of the new features let you fly through the (imo) bs and get to the snap. The funniest part of Madden 25 to me is the narrative in the 'News' feed about the rise of the Mexico City Diablos! Keeping the player updated on how well their new stadium and ticket sales are coming along. LOL It's like Goodell slept with the game under his pillow or something while it was under development. Just find it kinda weird 'cause Mexico City is definitely NOT 'in the game'. lol

On further review, there are still some major issues with Madden. Too many games seem to have the outcome pre-determined. Far to many times in both PvP and PvCPU teams that can do no wrong suddenly can't do anything right. It also often feels like the game uses penalties, dropped passes, CBs and LBs that break on the ball like the flash and DL that get to the QB like they have the power of teleportation, to assure that games are kept close.

I've also had plays changed on me with no warning, audibles called that I did not make and challenges made that I did not make.

Still, as frustrating as it can be, I enjoy playing and I guess that's what really counts.

I finally decided to get it. I downloaded it on Xbox one. I like it ok I guess. I'm having issues with passing. When you throw it do you have to hit the x or y button every time? I am averaging about 150 yards a game at just a little over 50%, really bad. It's not terrible though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom