Just got Mirror Tapped!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
talk about a bad way to start a thursday.

driving down a road (griffin road in Youngsville, LA) this morning i was about halfway down it and i heard a loud bang and some shatter glass. i rolled down my window and sure enough the glass was shatter and hanging and the mirror box was not on it anymore. talk about SUCKS. good news is its only $45 (with shipping) on ebay to get it in and i can change it myself. but another thing that makes it worse is that ive only had this truck 3.5 months and i dont have one ding, scratch or stain anywhere on this vehicle.

oh well, nothing i can do about it now. just figured id post it to rant...

lucky you, the punk teenagers would just come by and tear mine off the truck when it was parked in front of the house. four mirrors before I could catch one doing it, called the cops had him jailed and sued his parents for all four mirrors and won. they don't like me much. oh did I mention he lived six houses down from me.

my GF went to wash her car a few weeks ago at the shell station on severn and w. esplanade and the dang thing took both of her mirros off.....needless to say she was upset.....the owner of the shell was very nice about the situation and payed for the mirrors to be fixed......and also paid for her to have a rental car for 2 days

my GF went to wash her car a few weeks ago at the shell station on severn and w. esplanade and the dang thing took both of her mirros off.....needless to say she was upset.....the owner of the shell was very nice about the situation and payed for the mirrors to be fixed......and also paid for her to have a rental car for 2 days

She was lucky then. My friend had a bug shield and an antenna get messed up in a car wash and they wouldn't do anything for him.

thats pretty cheap for a mirror then. I would have thought it would have been a lot more for a newer truck like that.

have pics now...

just bought the mirror on ebay. it was $55 with shipping. i called GMC and it was supposed to be $135 without tax.

Last edited:
I'm replacing my wife's side view on her Focus for the second time. Good thing it's only $30 shipped.

"mirror tapped" is when your mirror and another cars mirrors "tap" when your on the road.

OK,,,,but in the original post, you said you "heard a loud bang." Did you not see how close you and the other vehicle were prior to hearing said bang?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom