Just got Mirror Tapped!! (1 Viewer)

20 years of driving & I have never heard of being "mirror tapped"

If this happens to any of you, check with your local salvage yard. You can get used mirrors which probably look just like the ones broken for about 1/4 the cost of new.

Tip from an ex-claims adjuster.

I've never had it happen to me either. Don't you usually know when you're approaching another car and it's too close? Especially if it's coming right at you? :shrug:

talk about a bad way to start a thursday.

driving down a road (griffin road in Youngsville, LA) this morning i was about halfway down it and i heard a loud bang and some shatter glass. i rolled down my window and sure enough the glass was shatter and hanging and the mirror box was not on it anymore. talk about SUCKS. good news is its only $45 (with shipping) on ebay to get it in and i can change it myself. but another thing that makes it worse is that ive only had this truck 3.5 months and i dont have one ding, scratch or stain anywhere on this vehicle.

oh well, nothing i can do about it now. just figured id post it to rant...

Every time my mirror has been hit it just collapsed inward - nothing was broken. Still ticked me off though, because it was usually a ******* that decided he could take his half of the road out of the middle. :rant:

lucky you, the punk teenagers would just come by and tear mine off the truck when it was parked in front of the house. four mirrors before I could catch one doing it, called the cops had him jailed and sued his parents for all four mirrors and won. they don't like me much. oh did I mention he lived six houses down from me.

Way to go, Redlands! :9:

I've had a couple close calls with mine. Just traded in my Mustang for an 08 Sierra and I've almost ripped it off pulling in and out of the Sonic parking. Still getting used to the girth of a truck.

I remember reading a story about two drivers headed in opposite directions on a narrow, 2-lane road one morning. It was very foggy and they each rolled down their windows to stick their heads out and get a better view. Luckily they were driving very slowly, because.....you guessed it....they rapped their noggins together. Each was treated and released at a local hospital for minor head injuries.

Better your mirrors than your heads!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom