Just got the 12.9 IPad Pro... (1 Viewer)

My first issue with iOS is navigation. With Android, you have a back arrow and gestures. I can use a phone, tablet, etc with one hand. With iOS, navigation is still at the top of the screen. To me, that's the first issue with Apple's products and it just goes downhill from there and ends with the cost. I also dislike pages and pages of apps or groups of apps everywhere. It just seems messy and a ridiculous way to keep up with where apps are located for accessing them. Then we have widgets, which really allows the user to create a device that works most efficiently for them and not the Ghost of Steve Jobs. :LOL:

Android for a long time was laggy, slow, didn't make sense and was cumbersome. I could understand why many people didn't like it. That changed about 2-3 OS updates ago. When people actual take the time to give Android 9+ a shot the decision is pretty obvious. The cool things that iOS can do now has been widely available on Android. This is why Apple started to produce larger screens.

I do understand what people are used to carries weight in their choice. I had a bias for years, but then I carried an Android and iPhone for a few years at the same time, for personal and business lines. I was really stoked because this gave me the unique opportunity to use them side by side with genuine desire for them both to work effectively. I was curious as to how I would integrate the iPhone into my life. I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone would buy an iPhone aside from the great camera quality. :hihi: I ended up forwarding the business calls to my Android and sticking the iPhone in my drawer.

Also, when I say "Android" I'm talking vanilla on Motorola, Pixel, etc and not whatever Samsung, LG, etc has decided to skin their phones with this year. I can't be held responsible for that trash. Lol
Dang I admittedly know little about Android, but I thought the Samsung phones were the best for Android devices.

Well, I bet they probably spend the most money to market their phones after Apple...
Agreed. I know all of my friends that have android use the Samsung phones. My brother hates Apple as he says you can’t manipulate em with all of their security. He jailbreaks all of his Android stuff.

Agreed. I know all of my friends that have android use the Samsung phones. My brother hates Apple as he says you can’t manipulate em with all of their security. He jailbreaks all of his Android stuff.
there is little point to "jailbreak" any android device. if you need to, it is probably to run a hacked os. a lot of newer android phones come with no restrictions for modification anyway.

Have to agree on the samsung trash. I have to use a samsung for work and hate every time I turn the stupid thing on. Even typing on it is annoying. We did have Motorola android phones several years ago and it was pretty good, closer to pure android.

Have to agree on the samsung trash. I have to use a samsung for work and hate every time I turn the stupid thing on. Even typing on it is annoying. We did have Motorola android phones several years ago and it was pretty good, closer to pure android.

Wild. Everyone in my life that uses android uses the S series Samsung. 10/20 series I think. And they love em.

I’m typing this on a 12.9 pro (2018 model) with the magic keyboard. My only real issue with the iPad is price. The Magic keyboard itself is $350 and that is just ridiculous. But here we are. I’ve got it because it just works. Typing is better than any other keyboard out there and the mouse pad works exceptionally well. I’m a fairly heavy iPad use and this is just making me more so of one. The hinge that makes the iPad float above the keyboard is EXCELLENT! Also, the magnets that hold the iPad in place work exactly as described. It won’t come off until you’re ready to take it off. iPadOS 3.4 makes mouse support work exceptionally well. The only real problem is that several apps don’t yet support it fully (looking at you Microsoft Office) but that will get better over time. I’m genuinely looking forward to iPadOS 14.

I’ve also got a Surface Pro 4. It’s long of tooth and the front camera died a few months ago but it otherwise works really well. I only stopped using it because I’ve got two 16” macbook pros. The keyboard on the SP4 is better than the Magic Keyboard and costs only $100. But it’s touchpad is garbage by comparison. The only thing that drags the SP4 down is Windows, but it’s getting better with that.

Back on the iPad. I use it for browsing, of course, zoom and webex meetings, drawing, powerpoint presentations, whiteboarding presentations, word processing, salesforce updates, photo and video editing, etc., etc.,. Except for its screen size and limited support for external displays, I might make it my daily driver.

I’m typing this on a 12.9 pro (2018 model) with the magic keyboard. My only real issue with the iPad is price. The Magic keyboard itself is $350 and that is just ridiculous. But here we are. I’ve got it because it just works. Typing is better than any other keyboard out there and the mouse pad works exceptionally well. I’m a fairly heavy iPad use and this is just making me more so of one. The hinge that makes the iPad float above the keyboard is EXCELLENT! Also, the magnets that hold the iPad in place work exactly as described. It won’t come off until you’re ready to take it off. iPadOS 3.4 makes mouse support work exceptionally well. The only real problem is that several apps don’t yet support it fully (looking at you Microsoft Office) but that will get better over time. I’m genuinely looking forward to iPadOS 14.

I’ve also got a Surface Pro 4. It’s long of tooth and the front camera died a few months ago but it otherwise works really well. I only stopped using it because I’ve got two 16” macbook pros. The keyboard on the SP4 is better than the Magic Keyboard and costs only $100. But it’s touchpad is garbage by comparison. The only thing that drags the SP4 down is Windows, but it’s getting better with that.

Back on the iPad. I use it for browsing, of course, zoom and webex meetings, drawing, powerpoint presentations, whiteboarding presentations, word processing, salesforce updates, photo and video editing, etc., etc.,. Except for its screen size and limited support for external displays, I might make it my daily driver.
lol @ spending $350 on an ipad keyboard. i'd rather carry my model m space saver with adapter. 25 years old and kicking like a mule.

Wild. Everyone in my life that uses android uses the S series Samsung. 10/20 series I think. And they love em.

Samsungs come with too much crap on them. I tried two Pixels as well, but those also did nothing but break. One of our vehement anti-Apple owners even made the change because Android is too unreliable. I think I had 7 Android phones and had to replace all of them due to something going out. I'm on my second iPhone, but I'd still be using the X if I hadn't (physically) broken it.

But with all these things, use what's in your comfort zone. It's your money, after all.

Samsungs come with too much crap on them. I tried two Pixels as well, but those also did nothing but break. One of our vehement anti-Apple owners even made the change because Android is too unreliable. I think I had 7 Android phones and had to replace all of them due to something going out. I'm on my second iPhone, but I'd still be using the X if I hadn't (physically) broken it.

But with all these things, use what's in your comfort zone. It's your money, after all.
I think the Apple products do last longer. I’m def 💯 Apple. Just learning how to make movies on here. Made my mom a Mother’s Day film, she’s gonna love.

lol @ spending $350 on an ipad keyboard. i'd rather carry my model m space saver with adapter. 25 years old and kicking like a mule.

It is quite stupid, but I’m getting one. First iPad Pro so I’m gonna go all out.

I dunno. I have extensive experience with both iOS and Android phones. While admittedly, Samsungs have become a bit more bloated lately, they still perform amazingly. I have a Note 10+ and all my kids and my wife have iPhones. I'm more than happy with the 10+. I love larger phone screens and the 10+ uses the entire face of the phone for a screen. It took a little getting used to, but now there's no other way I'd do it.

I do like that you can change themes, organize your widgets and apps the way you want and taking advantage of the more advanced features of the phone can be pretty fun.

That said, different strokes and all that. Important that you find a phone that works best for how you use it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom