Just got through watching the SI Super Bowl Champs Blu-Ray and I must say... (1 Viewer)

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
1. Heath Evans was a huge addition.
2. Sharper was great, but you could tell he slowed a little at the end of the season and most success did come from young QB's.
3. I am going to miss seeing Mike Bell truck people although I agree we didn't need to spend a lot of money on him with our other young backs.
4. GW is a great defensive coach.
5. SP is intense!!
6. PT is a great RB... incredible balance...

7. However, THE THING THAT STUCK OUT TO ME THE MOST IS HOW IS TRACY PORTER NOT TALKED ABOUT AS AN ELITE CB IN THE LEAGUE??!!

I mean, I can understand Greer because of his lack of big plays (although he is better in coverage), but Porter is pretty lockdown AND comes up huge when we need him. The guy has been great since day one. He single handedly saved us in that Dolphins game (his pick 6 and he was the reason for Sharper's pick 6), the strip in the Cards game, and was huge in the Vikings game, and the Super Bowl. He and Greer are the two primary reasons why we are allowed to be so aggressive on D. I just wanted to give it up for TP. Pure nastyness!!!

Hopefully, he gets a lot of that recognition next year in the national media.

Edit: Also, Hartley is money and Meachem catches with his body a lot, but is a PLAYMAKER!!

Last edited:
I can't wait to see this offense again with Heath Evans back in the starting line-up. He was quite valuable.

Gregg Williams must love the starting CB's, Greer & Porter. Having those guys back there allows him to call the kind of gameplan that he likes. Upgrading the front 7 and getting more of the type of players that Williams likes will only make him that much more dangerous as D-coordinator.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see this offense again with Heath Evans back in the starting line-up. He was quite valuable.

Gregg Williams must love the starting CB's, Greer & Porter. Having those guys back there allows him to call the kind of gameplan that he likes. Upgrading the front 7 and getting more of the type of players that Williams likes will only make him that much more dangerous as D-coordinator.

Agreed. If we can get pressure with the front four by adding through the draft (which is very possible) then this D goes from opportunistic to pretty lockdown.

Heath IMO was on his way to being an all pro before he was injured. His blocking made Mike Bell an early MVP candidate. go watch the early game and take a look at his blocks...he was crushing guys.

Agreed. If we can get pressure with the front four by adding through the draft (which is very possible) then this D goes from opportunistic to pretty lockdown.

Yep. If we get Sharper back, then we are pretty much as good, if not better than last year and we haven't even drafted anyone yet. Then you consider the additions of guys like Miller, Evans and our Wake Forest draftees all back from injuries and this gets exciting.

2. Sharper was great, but you could tell he slowed a little at the end of the season and most success did come from young QB's.
Seriously, this just needs to stop. Sharper did not 'slow' as the season went on - our CBs got injured. With Gay, Jenkins, McKenzie and McCluster out there, Sharper had to go to a more 'play if safe, over the top' type of role, which deminishes what he can do to create turnovers.

Seriously, this just needs to stop. Sharper did not 'slow' as the season went on - our CBs got injured. With Gay, Jenkins, McKenzie and McCluster out there, Sharper had to go to a more 'play if safe, over the top' type of role, which deminishes what he can do to create turnovers.
maybe so, but the fact is that he was noticeably slower, probably due to his injury but i wouldn't rule out age

I agree. The players around Sharper in the secondary were dinged up and it made GW change up coverages and do things that wasnt in the norm.

It goes to show how valuable Tracy and Jabari are to our defense.

So then should be go after a corner in the draft? Or in Jenkins able to play corner?

Noooo, he didn't slow down, that's why everyone's rushing to sign him. Cuz he was all world early n kept it up late.

Ovcourse he slowed down!!! It's very common for older players to lose a noticeable step because of wear n injuries. Still love the guy but if he didn't slow down, everyone would b lining up to sign him.

Noooo, he didn't slow down, that's why everyone's rushing to sign him. Cuz he was all world early n kept it up late.

Ovcourse he slowed down!!! It's very common for older players to lose a noticeable step because of wear n injuries. Still love the guy but if he didn't slow down, everyone would b lining up to sign him.

Exactly, he was still a good player for us, but just watching the season it kind of put it in perspective. With his stats you would think he was a one man savior, but in fact he benefitted a lot from the play of others and rookie QB's. Don't get me wrong, I like Sharp a lot, but he did not play as well down the stretch. Injuries are some of it, but old age is as well. Its a fact. I'm not bashing the guy, but numbers don't lie, nor does the tape.

Having Heath Evans back next year will allow Wendy's to go back to TE and drive defenses nuts. 4 star receivers, 2 star TEs and 2-3 star RBs and Brees with the laser cannon, who do you focus on. I say Deux Dat. Let's win another.

Having Heath Evans back next year will allow Wendy's to go back to TE and drive defenses nuts. 4 star receivers, 2 star TEs and 2-3 star RBs and Brees with the laser cannon, who do you focus on. I say Deux Dat. Let's win another.

A very underrated facet of this offense is that Shocky, Thomas, and Evan are all very good offensive play makers (Thomas maybe a marginal playmaker), but they CAN ALL BLOCK. That is so important when you don't have to bring in a different package for run or pass. It confuses the defense and keeps them off balance. I can't wait for the season.

Don't you mean young CB's

No, a majority of his big plays came at the beginning of the season against young QB's (Sanchez, Stafford, Kolb, Henne)....

Don't get me wrong, he was a huge asset to the team, but numbers and film don't lie...he did slow a bit...or in the alternative (for those who believe he didn't) he just isn't as great as a lot of people think because against veteran QB's he didn't do to much. Again, great player and love the guy, but he wasn't the same at the end of the season whether it be slowing down or what...I'm just speaking of what I saw re-watching things...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom