Just got through watching the SI Super Bowl Champs Blu-Ray and I must say... (1 Viewer)

... Porter is pretty lockdown AND comes up huge when we need him. The guy has been great since day one. He single handedly saved us in that Dolphins game (his pick 6 and he was the reason for Sharper's pick 6), the strip in the Cards game, and was huge in the Vikings game, and the Super Bowl. He and Greer are the two primary reasons why we are allowed to be so aggressive on D. I just wanted to give it up for TP. Pure nastyness!!!...

Love the guy, he and Greer are definitely one of the best cornerback tandems in the league. Just two comments:

(1) the strip in the Arizona playoff game was made by Randall Gay;
(2) the INT against Minnesota was obviously huge (probably one of the top 5 plays in Saints history) but the interesting thing is, Porter never gets a chance to even make the pick if he hadn't wiffed on tackling Berrian 5 plays before that (not meant to be a knock on Porter, just one of those "funny how things work out")

Porter will get his recognition this year, much like Larry Fitgerald, the 09' playoffs was Porters coming out party.

Love the guy, he and Greer are definitely one of the best cornerback tandems in the league. Just two comments:

(1) the strip in the Arizona playoff game was made by Randall Gay;
(2) the INT against Minnesota was obviously huge (probably one of the top 5 plays in Saints history) but the interesting thing is, Porter never gets a chance to even make the pick if he hadn't wiffed on tackling Berrian 5 plays before that (not meant to be a knock on Porter, just one of those "funny how things work out")

You're right...I was thinking of his strip of Berrian in Minnesota...but I get what you are saying...

I think even if we sign Sharper back we are going to have to replace him after next year. The teams that truly sustain success are the ones who make the tough decisions to replace players maybe a year too soon rather than a year too late. Sharper did look great against the younger QBs, but he had trouble against the run (especially tackling guys coming at him) and although he isnt an ice wagon out there, didn't move very well late in the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom