Just got to PITTSBURGH. Oh boy. (1 Viewer)

trujm

Very Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Offline
Wow, this is just my luck: I schedule this huge vacation centering around this away game. We stopped in Atlantic City, it rained the whole drive up there. It rained 65% of the time we were there. Now, we're in Pittsburgh - we got here last night and...... more rain.

We WERE optimistic because we checked the weather forecast and it said that there was only a 10% chance of rain on Sunday on THURSDAY. I checked it last night, and it had increased to 30%. I checked it this morning, and it is now 60% and hour by hour it says it will be raining until 6pm.

See how my luck runs? Its raining every moment im on vacation but the second that the meaningful part of my vacation is over (after the game), it will clear up. And on top of that, its going to be 45 degrees outside in this rain. So its not only rain, its going to be cold rain. I've always wanted to go to a game in the snow, but its just a FEW degrees too hot to snow. They said two days ago it would snow but they took that back too and said it wasnt cold enough to do that.

Could I be in a worse situation? :(
 

msmith

Pro-Bowler
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
585
Reaction score
189
Location
West Lafayette, IN
Offline
The Saints lose? j/k. Seriously, I hope you do enjoy your vacation and the game, and meet Drew Brees for congradulating him another big win.
 

Saint T

#26 Rules
VIP Contributor
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
82
Age
51
Offline
I am sure a win will make the situation a whole lot better.

Here's hoping the Saints win.
 

RgnKjnDroid

Very Banned
Joined
Aug 8, 1997
Messages
5,426
Reaction score
27
Offline
That's classic football weather! What's the problem?! :hihi: Gotta roll with it when things like that happen. Hope the Saints make it a rainy day you'll never forget. ;)
 

skymike

Hall-of-Famer
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
2,676
Reaction score
8
Location
Playing dungeons & dragons
Offline
TRUJM,

dont feel bad. my honeymoon was on the weekend of the Ravens game.

Naaaa... so many times really good times start out bad... this will just make your story more interesting. After reading your post, I have a really good feeling about this. Have a great time in Pittsburgh. You'll never forget it.
 

MamaSaint

Rickey Jackson - 2010 HOF (RIP Jan)
Joined
Apr 15, 2001
Messages
7,515
Reaction score
1,977
Location
Sin City via Bastrop, LA
Offline
Get you some Iron City Beer, a Primanti Bros. sandwich and enjoy Pittsburgh. :) Wish I could be back there to see the Saints beat the Steelers.

For real....check out some of the local Italian restaurants. They are some of THE BEST anywhere.

Jan
 

alsaints113

Banned
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
581
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Offline
Ahhh my home for the first 22 years of my life...Pennsylvania...whenever you make plans for stuff like that it always rains...three are demons in PA...lolBut seriously this sonds familiar. One summer after college a few friends and I went to Ocean City, NJ which is close to Atlantic City and it rained the whole time (in fact flooding the streets and we were stuck in the house.

You should have stopped by Jim Thorpe in the Poconos...my hometown. Theres a lot of touristy stuff there! Anyway, hope you enjoy the game...my bro is a Steelers fan so if we win I get bragging rights for another few years.
 

st.randy

otis
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
8,076
Reaction score
1,291
Age
53
Offline
Wow, this is just my luck: I schedule this huge vacation centering around this away game. We stopped in Atlantic City, it rained the whole drive up there. It rained 65% of the time we were there. Now, we're in Pittsburgh - we got here last night and...... more rain.

We WERE optimistic because we checked the weather forecast and it said that there was only a 10% chance of rain on Sunday on THURSDAY. I checked it last night, and it had increased to 30%. I checked it this morning, and it is now 60% and hour by hour it says it will be raining until 6pm.

See how my luck runs? Its raining every moment im on vacation but the second that the meaningful part of my vacation is over (after the game), it will clear up. And on top of that, its going to be 45 degrees outside in this rain. So its not only rain, its going to be cold rain. I've always wanted to go to a game in the snow, but its just a FEW degrees too hot to snow. They said two days ago it would snow but they took that back too and said it wasnt cold enough to do that.

Could I be in a worse situation? :(


Man, yu are going to have to do one of two things. Cheer up, or (for the sake of the rest of us saints fans) get out of pittsburgh NOW. While I am proud of you and happy for you that you took this trip, i really don't think it would be fair of you to bring this awful vacation mojo to the stadium. Think about your brethren! Think of the poor waitresses that wont get as good a tip on monday because everryone is bummed, think of the poor old lady who wont get the door opened for her. Some say it is just football, no man, this is the fabric of our society. Where would our economy be if little old ladies couldn't get into stores to buy cat litter, and poor waitresses can't afford lunch!


That said. Cheer up dude!!! While we bemoan our running game, the stillers are actually worse. There is a great chance that a bad weather game could be a plus for the saints. The stillers are not executing well, they will execute worse in bad weather. It could be the thing we need to really get it going against a desperate team.
 

ibelieve

unnecessarily vulgar
VIP Contributor
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
6,929
Reaction score
900
Age
36
Location
LaPlace
Offline
update on the weather situation...its going to feel like its 37 degrees with a 30 percent chance of rain....its going to have off and on showers through the night ...should be interesting
 
OP

trujm

Very Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Offline
Should be down to a light drizzle if anything at all by the time kickoff starts..
 

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Joined
Jul 9, 2001
Messages
41,540
Reaction score
6,185
Location
Hancock County
Offline
trujm, we're counting on you for up-to-the-minute weather updates until noon tomorrow.

Ummm...say...if it's not too much to ask, could you maybe do an anti-rain dance or something? Just twirl around a few times and go "Ummmm....ummmm....ummmm" while stomping on a Steelers Terrible Towel.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)



Headlines

Top Bottom