Just had a really strange Craigslist encounter (1 Viewer)

hqdefault.jpg

It's funny, but also really not.

A lot of kids die this way. Less of an issue with lighter TV's, but still.

It's funny, but also really not.

A lot of kids die this way. Less of an issue with lighter TV's, but still.

Just so happen to see something very similar today on CNN.
<META name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered)"><STYLE><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face {font-family:"Segoe UI"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}.MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}.MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}--></STYLE>
Toddler rescues twin pinned under dresser - CNN.com

Just so happen to see something very similar today on CNN.
<META name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered)"><STYLE><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face {font-family:"Segoe UI"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}.MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}.MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}--></STYLE>
Toddler rescues twin pinned under dresser - CNN.com

Those kids are lucky the dresser was mostly empty and just had a small lamp on top. Imagine a large TV or something heavy on top? Could have been much worse.

Those kids are lucky the dresser was mostly empty and just had a small lamp on top. Imagine a large TV or something heavy on top? Could have been much worse.

family lore is that i pulled a grandfather clock down on myself - i fit inside the opening where the clackers (?? whatever they're called) are

Did this even happen? :scratch:

I was told there are "questions" :idunno:

I haven't done anything with it so far, I need some threaded rod to reinforce the middle and isolation spikes for the corners and I haven't gotten all that stuff yet. And I have to cut the legs to the right height. Just been lazy.

Will definitely keep everyone up to date with my progress. :angryrazz:

clackers :hihi:

Why did you pay 10 dollars more than he asked or did I misread that. Sounds like they are stolen and he was questioning what you were doing with them to feel you out. He wants pictures of the finished product so he know you are not a cop.

I was told there are "questions" :idunno:

I haven't done anything with it so far, I need some threaded rod to reinforce the middle and isolation spikes for the corners and I haven't gotten all that stuff yet. And I have to cut the legs to the right height. Just been lazy.

Will definitely keep everyone up to date with my progress. :angryrazz:

clackers :hihi:

I was joking. Just ribbing you about the lack of a response.

LACK TV unit - IKEA

TV Stands - TV Cabinets - IKEA

it will be interesting to see at the end of the day, how much you put into this money and time wise, and what you got out at the end, compared to established products.

I don't say this to be a jerk. I am just curious how it turns out and if you felt like it's worth it when you're done.

I was joking. Just ribbing you about the lack of a response.

LACK TV unit - IKEA

TV Stands - TV Cabinets - IKEA

it will be interesting to see at the end of the day, how much you put into this money and time wise, and what you got out at the end, compared to established products.

I don't say this to be a jerk. I am just curious how it turns out and if you felt like it's worth it when you're done.

I couldn't find anything that met my needs that wasn't prohibitively expensive. I have a home theater receiver, a big center channel speaker, PS4, turntable and sat box that need to go in this thing, in addition to it being wide enough for the TV. I'm sure it all sounds crazy/stupid but this thing is 52 inches wide and 24 inches deep (or at least it will be) and you can't really find something that size without spending at least $300. I know, because I've looked.

and I didn't take it as anything other than a joke

Would elaborate but this is is a family-friendly message board. It's slang for a certain part of the male anatomy. Or rather, two parts.

(Incidentally this reminds me of the time my wife asked me to "cream pie me" (her) at work once and everybody starts laughing hysterically, she had no idea why it was so funny, she just wanted one of the Little Debbies oatmeal cream pies from the box I was carrying. the end)

family lore is that i pulled a grandfather clock down on myself - i fit inside the opening where the clackers (?? whatever they're called) are

Would elaborate but this is is a family-friendly message board. It's slang for a certain part of the male anatomy. Or rather, two parts.

Sooo....young guidomerkinsrules was teabagged by a grandfather clock?

Have to say, out of all the places I saw this thread going, and the possibilities were truly endless, I did not see this revelation coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom