Just had a sudden burst of insight and figured I'd share (1 Viewer)

I forgot how much of a turnover machine he was. It makes me realize we might have done much better with him in the lineup this year.

Need to just sign melvin ingram and call it a day

I just can't get on board with giving Ingram over 15mil a year.

I am so jealous of the Texans 3 headed monster of Watt, Clowney, Mercilus. What's even worse is the contract they signed Mercilus to. 6.5 mil a year. Makes me sick.

I'm fine with Cam as out Watt. We need to somehow find our own Mercilus and Clowney without breaking the bank. I don't think Ingram is quite as good as those guys.

Edit:
I'm way off topic, but Mercilus credits his drastic improvement to learning from Mike Vrabel and understanding the mental part of the game. Knowing where the play is going, etc. Pretty much exactly what Anthony has struggled to do. Mercilus said the game truly is 90% mental and that is why he has become a beast. Watching film with Vrabel and knowing exactly what to expect from the offense.

Found the article:
http://m.houstontexans.com/news/art...ercilus-/57a9dba0-3b8a-499e-a520-0d621ce457a8

I forgot how much of a turnover machine he was. It makes me realize we might have done much better with him in the lineup this year.

If Kikaha can come back 100% and Anthony succeed as a starting MLB, that would be enough to give us a decent defense, not even including free agents and draft picks.

I think Branch will be a Saint soon. He'll be better than Kruger. Not sure how much though. I'm hoping for Ware.

I liked the idea of Andre Branch but after looking closer I don't see the Dolphins letting him go. They let Vernon and Shelby leave last year and have no viable option behind him.

I think another point of EJW's post is that, if we make the proper moves, we are not that far away from having a solid front 7. We don't need a ton of moves, just a couple of really smart ones.

Betting on Kihaha's return to top form is a real gamble. As Saints fans, we dearly want this, but reality is that Kihaha is very injury prone back to college.

EJW -you got 50% Red Thumbs on this post. Just goes to show that one of the most intelligent off-season posts is not popular with some. Oh well. Great Post! - thx

We need to keep Kikaha at the LOS. I wanna see him pass rush all game. Take him out on early downs to keep him fresh.

For this to happen, we need LB behind him. I agree with Melvin Ingram. R. Foster @11 would be a pipe dream if he lives up to potential. Grab a boom or bust CB and Pass rusher in the 2nd and 3rd round. Maybe a cheap vet DE for insurance if were not too sure in our DE depth. Were good to go.

This year will tell us everything about Kikaha's health. Lets see if he stays healthy this year. I believe he can be our guy. I remember Sean Payton saying in an interview that Kikaha sent him a full page letter saying how hard he wants this and how hes going to come back twice as strong. Im excited to see what happens!

We need to keep Kikaha at the LOS. I wanna see him pass rush all game. Take him out on early downs to keep him fresh.

For this to happen, we need LB behind him. I agree with Melvin Ingram. R. Foster @11 would be a pipe dream if he lives up to potential. Grab a boom or bust CB and Pass rusher in the 2nd and 3rd round. Maybe a cheap vet DE for insurance if were not too sure in our DE depth. Were good to go.

This year will tell us everything about Kikaha's health. Lets see if he stays healthy this year. I believe he can be our guy. I remember Sean Payton saying in an interview that Kikaha sent him a full page letter saying how hard he wants this and how hes going to come back twice as strong. Im excited to see what happens!

In my mind I've been approaching this offseason without even thinking about Kikaha. I just keep forgetting about him. If that guy ever stays healthy then we have a player on our hands. It's crazy how much can change in two years. Back in '15 it looked like we had a legit pass rusher and a bona fide MLB. It seemed like we had two nice young pieces to build around. Fast forward to today and not only are we not building around them, they barely factor into the building period. Most people feel like it will be a bonus if we can get anything out of them at this point. Smh, that's sad. Just hoping to get anything out of 1st and 2nd round pick from two years ago.

I've been disagreeing with you EJW, but I think I understand now (if this is what you are saying) and posted this is another thread.

I think we need 2 pass rushers.

1. A full time RE who can rush the passer (Clowney/Thomas/Barnett)
2. A rusher who can line up at DE or LB and rush (Mercilus/Bowser)

The Texans have the perfect 3 headed monster that we should be trying to emulate. We already have our JJ Watt in Cam Jordan. We need 2 more to play the Clowney and Mercilus roles.

If Kikaha can come back 100% and Anthony succeed as a starting MLB, that would be enough to give us a decent defense, not even including free agents and draft picks.

if my wife still loved me like she did 20 years ago I'd still have hair :mwink:

In my mind I've been approaching this offseason without even thinking about Kikaha. I just keep forgetting about him. If that guy ever stays healthy then we have a player on our hands. It's crazy how much can change in two years. Back in '15 it looked like we had a legit pass rusher and a bona fide MLB. It seemed like we had two nice young pieces to build around. Fast forward to today and not only are we not building around them, they barely factor into the building period. Most people feel like it will be a bonus if we can get anything out of them at this point. Smh, that's sad. Just hoping to get anything out of 1st and 2nd round pick from two years ago.

Kikaha played pretty well as a rookie. He forced some turnovers and was decent at getting pressure if I can remember right. I was really excited about him going into his second year. I hope he comes back and can remain healthy.

If I were him I'd call Thomas Davis and get on the exact same workout, eating, rehabbing regimine he's on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom