Just Picked up Morrowind: GOTY (1 Viewer)

Hoyasaint

Banned
Reaction score
So I've gone through pretty much everything I've got and nothing out there looked too exciting to me. This game has come on some great recommendations so I figured for $15 it sure wouldn't hurt and could easily kill a few hundred hours or so.

Anyone have any suggestions, comments, or other helpful tidbits for when I break into this tonight?

Its fun.

There was a crack called a good place to stay, gives you a little house with tons of storage room for armor and weapons, I would suggest that.

Its been like four years since I played Morrowind, but it is an awesome game. Have fun killing stuff.

Wow this game is probably one of the best ever. I suggest you look up a guide to building whatever character you like. Your character max level is dependant on how you set up your character. It is WAY easy to level up your main skills so try to pick skills that you aren't already given high bonuses too. Every Ten points you get for your main skills gives you one level.

The game is well over hundreds of hours so don't feel you have to do alot of side quests to finish the main quest. You can still play the side quests after you defeat the main quest.

Don't mess with Tribunal or Bloodmoon to much until you have a good handle on the main quest or until you complete the main quest. Tribunal takes you too a whole new region while Bloodmoon completely changes the game mechanics. Although you really don't have a choice if you get attacked by a werewolf or not. And you will be attacked by the Brotherhood where you like it or not.

Oh DO NOT KILL people for fun, only kill people that attack you. When you go to the wizard city to be cured of the disease you can not kill any of the dudes patients or he won't help you. I made a mistake and went into his dungeon before I talked to him and killed on of the Blighted people walking around there because it come at me and I couldn't beat the game correctly because I did not fullfill the prophecy. So that level 60 character just started rampaging every city and killing everyone. mwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Wow this game is probably one of the best ever. I suggest you look up a guide to building whatever character you like. Your character max level is dependant on how you set up your character. It is WAY easy to level up your main skills so try to pick skills that you aren't already given high bonuses too. Every Ten points you get for your main skills gives you one level.

The game is well over hundreds of hours so don't feel you have to do alot of side quests to finish the main quest. You can still play the side quests after you defeat the main quest.

Don't mess with Tribunal or Bloodmoon to much until you have a good handle on the main quest or until you complete the main quest. Tribunal takes you too a whole new region while Bloodmoon completely changes the game mechanics. Although you really don't have a choice if you get attacked by a werewolf or not. And you will be attacked by the Brotherhood where you like it or not.

Oh DO NOT KILL people for fun, only kill people that attack you. When you go to the wizard city to be cured of the disease you can not kill any of the dudes patients or he won't help you. I made a mistake and went into his dungeon before I talked to him and killed on of the Blighted people walking around there because it come at me and I couldn't beat the game correctly because I did not fullfill the prophecy. So that level 60 character just started rampaging every city and killing everyone. mwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!

hmm, is that a different elder scrolls: oblivion, than the one I have, and seems the others talking about.. haven't seen any "tribunal" or bloodmoon.. been a vampire for a few annoying days though. YOu get some great boosts being a vampire.. but that not being out during the day, gets hard to buy/sell stuff.
Game takes an inordinate amount of patience to build a charachter, as xp grinding really means it in this game..

Tip, easy way to build levels.. get your summon scamp, then keep summoning and killing while stealthed.. build up your stealth ability by moving around behind the summoned scamp..

hmm, is that a different elder scrolls: oblivion, than the one I have, and seems the others talking about.. haven't seen any "tribunal" or bloodmoon.. been a vampire for a few annoying days though. YOu get some great boosts being a vampire.. but that not being out during the day, gets hard to buy/sell stuff.
Game takes an inordinate amount of patience to build a charachter, as xp grinding really means it in this game..

Tip, easy way to build levels.. get your summon scamp, then keep summoning and killing while stealthed.. build up your stealth ability by moving around behind the summoned scamp..

You're talking about Oblivion.. they are talking about Morrowind.

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that you can't play Morrowind on the Xbox360?

The Elder Scrolls: Arena
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Obliviion

Great series of games really didn't hit "main stream" until Morrowind. Normally when peope speak of TES they just say Morrowind or Oblivion. Check out daggerfall if you can. I believe all four take place in the same universe. Not exactly sure the timeline though.

The Elder Scrolls: Arena
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Obliviion

Great series of games really didn't hit "main stream" until Morrowind. Normally when peope speak of TES they just say Morrowind or Oblivion. Check out daggerfall if you can. I believe all four take place in the same universe. Not exactly sure the timeline though.

Also on the TES website you can download a free copy of Arena for windows. Something they were/are doing as a 10th anniversary celebration

Also on the TES website you can download a free copy of Arena for windows. Something they were/are doing as a 10th anniversary celebration

sweet gotta check that one out. But I doubt I'll finish it.

I stand corrected. As of 11/29/07, Morrowind is backwards compatible. It says that MVP 2005 is too, but it lies.. grrrr

I stand corrected. As of 11/29/07, Morrowind is backwards compatible. It says that MVP 2005 is too, but it lies.. grrrr

Yeah I double checked it before I ordered it, it works ok I think somethings screw up a little but what can you expect when its running on an emulator

Great game, similar to Oblivion (although combat is easier in early stages in oblivion) My advice is pay attention to the leveling system because its important in thos games because of the level loot/opponent system. every 2 lvls in a skill equals 1 attribute point so dont neglect the minor skills, try and get 2 minor skills up 10 per lvl so you can raise the attribute by 5 each time I will get plus 5 on 2 things and I always like to lvl luck.

Morrowing actually has some cool things in it like the levitation spells, and a recall mark spells that are useful. etc. Also that game allows you to take advantage of certain skills, like alchemy. For potion making the strength of the potion goes by the intelligence attribute, if you make fortify intelligence potions and keep drinking them, your intelligence lvl will keep rising, there is not potion limit like in oblivion so you can keep getting it higher and higher and make stronger and stronger potions. I just keep drinking the pots, and it makes the next potion I make stronger, drink that one and repeat eventually you will have an intellegence level so high you potions will literally be the strongest things in the game bar none (and completely unfair to anything in your path). If you wanna use the sword, drink a few of you ready made super potions and agility and str pot and you can one hit pretty much anything. Can also create spells that do massive amounts of damage that no normal character woud have even close to enough mana to cast. But drink one of the intelligence pots, you will have tons of mana (1 intelligence point it 3 mana) 100 points is 300 mana. Drink one of those potions 30000 intelligence = 90000 mana (pretty much can cast any spell limitless times, or just make a spell so strong ya one hit everything) I have spells in the game that will hit any target in 100 ft and do 100 points of damage (max) But will last for 10 seconds (can make em longer) 1000 hit points delt in one cast. Altho it can get ya in trouble because it will hit everyone within 100 ft, so I basicly walk in a room and kill everyone and thing in it with one cast, which can be a problem if you traveling with someone so make sure ya have a few that are either touch spells or lower the target range. Levitation spells were nice, they took them out of the game because again it makes to many thing basicly non factors. For innstance, any opponent meleeing is a non factor because you can just levitate and walk in the air and pick them off with spells while being unharmed. Granted if you do this nothing becomes a challenge or even a good fight so you may wanna revert to these tactics when you get in a bind or get stuck.

Lots of things to do in that game, it is awesome, I would say its even more wide open than Oblivion. More places to visit, more town etc. It was like crack to me for about a year. Make sure you join the Morang tong and do those quests. If you like these types of games you will not be disapointed. But be warned melee combat its rough at the begining of Morrowind, you can swing the sword 10 times at the target before ya hit it. Once the skill (blade/blunt or whatever) gets higher tho you will eventually hit with every swing you take agility helps you hit in this game as well so if your gonna make a melee character you may wanna pick a class that has a higher starting agility. The game is a blast tho, and for 15 bucks you can't go wrong.

Yeah I double checked it before I ordered it, it works ok I think somethings screw up a little but what can you expect when its running on an emulator

Walking around is incredibly slow in this game, especially compared to Oblivion, is this how it was on the X box or is this likely the result of the emulation?

Also, I can't sneak for anything in the world, nothin I do seems to raise my level at all. Everyone always turns around and looks at me once I get into range. GRRR

Walking around is incredibly slow in this game, especially compared to Oblivion, is this how it was on the X box or is this likely the result of the emulation?

Also, I can't sneak for anything in the world, nothin I do seems to raise my level at all. Everyone always turns around and looks at me once I get into range. GRRR

Walking should get faster as your athletics increases. You have to take advantage of the warp places (in the mage's guilds) and silt striders better in Morrow.. Also of great benefit will be your mark and recall spells. If you're walking abnormally slow, make sure you aren't under any kind of curse.

As for sneaking, you'll probably want to train a lot in it if you're having problems. In the beginning it is tough, especially if you're not a race/class that is natural at sneaking.

Walking should get faster as your athletics increases. You have to take advantage of the warp places (in the mage's guilds) and silt striders better in Morrow.. Also of great benefit will be your mark and recall spells. If you're walking abnormally slow, make sure you aren't under any kind of curse.

As for sneaking, you'll probably want to train a lot in it if you're having problems. In the beginning it is tough, especially if you're not a race/class that is natural at sneaking.

aye, you must use your portals and striders to get where you need to go. In addition to disease and curses you gotta make you are not close to encumbered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom