Just ran a Draftek simulated mock.... (1 Viewer)

whodat4life84

Very Banned
Reaction score
1st - Datone Jones - DE34 (UCLA)
3rd - Chris Faulk - OT (LSU)
4th - Brandon Jenkins - OLB34 (FSU)
5th - Kiki Alonso - ILB (Oregon)
6th - Gilbert Pena - DT34 (Mississippi)

I like the middle picks, not too crazy about the 1st and 6th picks, although I admit I haven't watch Jones much. Anyone familiar with him?

1st - Datone Jones - DE34 (UCLA)
3rd - Chris Faulk - OT (LSU)
4th - Brandon Jenkins - OLB34 (FSU)
5th - Kiki Alonso - ILB (Oregon)
6th - Gilbert Pena - DT34 (Mississippi)

I like the middle picks, not too crazy about the 1st and 6th picks, although I admit I haven't watch Jones much. Anyone familiar with him?

I like every pick but the Brandon Jenkins pick.

He looks sooo NOT smooth in LB drills. He wasn't explosive and measured in a lot shorter than expected. There will be other passrushers. Im still not going to count out us finding a way to get some picks b4 the draft and moving up@ Some point to draft Jamie Collins.

We still need a SLB as im not so sure that Wilson is the answer but im sure he'll have the first crack. Collins could effect the game from the SLB spot and be a 3down playere there.

switch chris faulk for jamie collins and im down with it

He looks sooo NOT smooth in LB drills. He wasn't explosive and measured in a lot shorter than expected. There will be other passrushers. Im still not going to count out us finding a way to get some picks b4 the draft and moving up@ Some point to draft Jamie Collins.

We still need a SLB as im not so sure that Wilson is the answer but im sure he'll have the first crack. Collins could effect the game from the SLB spot and be a 3down playere there.

Agreed, I haven't really watched Jenkins A LOT, but I know most on here are crazy about him.

He's recovering from a Lisfranc injury. He was the guy that got double-teamed last year, while Werner was able to run free. Tank Carradine was his replacement after he got hurt.

He's recovering from a Lisfranc injury. He was the guy that got double-teamed last year, while Werner was able to run free. Tank Carradine was his replacement after he got hurt.

It's not that i don't think he can play..........I think Junior is the front runner to start...and i think hes earned it.

I think we have a need a SLB more than rushbacker as Wilson will probably get the first crack but I'd want to provide some competition for him.

I do not think that he can play SLB. He doesn't look comfortable in space and his movement skills are choppy. Maybe its the lisfranc maybe not but no more Injured projects. Unless its Quanterrius Smith (spllchk)

It's not that i don't think he can play..........I think Junior is the front runner to start...and i think hes earned it.

I think we have a need a SLB more than rushbacker as Wilson will probably get the first crack but I'd want to provide some competition for him.

I do not think that he can play SLB. He doesn't look comfortable in space and his movement skills are choppy. Maybe its the lisfranc maybe not but no more Injured projects. Unless its Quanterrius Smith (spllchk)

I too saw him at the combine and expected him to be a little more polished than he was. If I remember correctly, there was a rumor that he rushed his recovery to work out at the combine. It was obvious that he was uncomfortable and didn't have the speed and agility everyone expected him to showcase. Before the season he was projected as 1st round pick. Now I'm reading somewhere around 3-4th. If he can get back to form, he'll be a steal for someone.

Alonso in the 5th? Is this some type of joke?

So how about this Theory. We interviewed Kiko Alonso, Zaviar Gooden, and Vitt absolutely Grilled Alec Ogletree.

If you take that @ face value then one could say that WILB is an area that we are looking at. Its been said that you need really good play from that position in the 3-4 under so it makes sense.

Now to take that one step further could Kiko and Zaviar be 3rd/4th round targets while Ogletree could be a fall back target if we trade back for an extra pick and the guy we want gets snatched up?

Ogletree has the ability to play WILB and SOLB so lets say we traded back to get Jamie Collins and he gets nabbed..could Ogletree be the nxt option because of the versatility he provides? I wouldn't take him with the 15th pick though so thats why i say trading back and getting him.

now that we have cemented the cb position and te we need to address LT, SOLB, DE, if we could land dion jordan for SOLB, akeem spence for DE and chris faulk or dallas thomas for LT i would say that is an awesome draft.

So how about this Theory. We interviewed Kiko Alonso, Zaviar Gooden, and Vitt absolutely Grilled Alec Ogletree.

If you take that @ face value then one could say that WILB is an area that we are looking at. Its been said that you need really good play from that position in the 3-4 under so it makes sense.

Now to take that one step further could Kiko and Zaviar be 3rd/4th round targets while Ogletree could be a fall back target if we trade back for an extra pick and the guy we want gets snatched up?

Ogletree has the ability to play WILB and SOLB so lets say we traded back to get Jamie Collins and he gets nabbed..could Ogletree be the nxt option because of the versatility he provides? I wouldn't take him with the 15th pick though so thats why i say trading back and getting him.
I'm not sure I'm buying that yet, and part of it is lack of knowledge.

I'd really like to know how our FO is projecting Hawthorne (I hope its WILL, it should be). If that's the case, then drafting an inside WILL is probably off the table. If they project him as a strongside outside guy (God please don't let this be the case) then a WILL in the draft starts to make sense. Chamberlin comes into the conversation also.

At the end of the day, WILL in the first round is probably out of the question, and if we did go that round, I'm not sure Ogletree would be the best option, Brown may be a better player than he is.

I'm not sure I'm buying that yet, and part of it is lack of knowledge.

I'd really like to know how our FO is projecting Hawthorne (I hope its WILL, it should be). If that's the case, then drafting an inside WILL is probably off the table. If they project him as a strongside outside guy (God please don't let this be the case) then a WILL in the draft starts to make sense. Chamberlin comes into the conversation also.

At the end of the day, WILL in the first round is probably out of the question, and if we did go that round, I'm not sure Ogletree would be the best option, Brown may be a better player than he is.

Ya im pretty sure they are, hawthorne will most likely be the starting WILB, he is a very good linebacker, he was dealing with injuries and a new team, i really expect him to be very good this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom