Just remember what’s tomorrow (today) (2 Viewers)

I'm actually not quite sure how this happened but I learned to write right-handed but my natural inclination is to do just about everything else left-handed.

And it's worth noting I write "ok" left handed without much practice; that is to say, my handwriting is atrocious either way.

I have a friend who swears he's ambidextrous. The reason is that he writes and eats right-handed despite always being a lefty in sports.

I said "If I spit in your face right now which hand would you swing at me with?" He said "My left." I said "Well that means you're left-handed."

Being able to do some things with the opposite hand generally means you learned it that way for some reason or another. But you probably still have a naturally dominant side, writing with your right but playing tennis with your left doesn't mean you're "ambidextrous." I think there are truly ambidextrous people but they are quite rare.

I have a friend who swears he's ambidextrous. The reason is that he writes and eats right-handed despite always being a lefty in sports.

I said "If I spit in your face right now which hand would you swing at me with?" He said "My left." I said "Well that means you're left-handed."

Being able to do some things with the opposite hand generally means you learned it that way for some reason or another. But you probably still have a naturally dominant side, writing with your right but playing tennis with your left doesn't mean you're "ambidextrous." I think there are truly ambidextrous people but they are quite rare.
Oh, I've no doubt I write with my right hand because of the efforts of Mrs Shall-have-no-name from 1st grade. That witch knows exactly who she is.

That ability "helps" if I need to focus on doing a right handed task. Otherwise, from slinging beers to baseballs to screwdrivers I naturally prefer my left.

The worst were those tiny right handed desks in college. Try writing essays for an hour with no support for your hand and arm. Brutal.
To think about it, that's probably what caused .y right-handed writing as well, except in elementary school. I got used to those stupid desks fairly early.

Last edited:
do any of yall do stuff right handed rather than left (shoot pool, putt putt, bat)
At this point, I guess I am pretty much ambidextrous, but growing up nuns beat the left hand writing out of me. I throw better with my right hand than with my left hand because the first baseball glove I got was left handed. I played soccer since before I could walk :hihi: so I can kick with both legs. And when I first started using computers, there were no lefty mouses, so mouse on the right.

The spatula is a birch. Flipping eggs with a right hand angled one will ruin an omelette

At this point, I guess I am pretty much ambidextrous, but growing up nuns beat the left hand writing out of me. I throw better with my right hand than with my left hand because the first baseball glove I got was left handed. I played soccer since before I could walk :hihi: so I can kick with both legs. And when I first started using computers, there were no lefty mouses, so mouse on the right.

It sure does seem like we have a lot of lefties on here.

One, that explains some sheet. But two, I'm curious if we have a concentration here (among EE regulars) that is statistically significant. And if so, is there a reason for it?

Lefty here in writing and eating. "Normal" everything else. So is that half and half?

It sure does seem like we have a lot of lefties on here.

One, that explains some shirt. But two, I'm curious if we have a concentration here (among EE regulars) that is statistically significant. And if so, is there a reason for it?
aren't there some bs statistics suggesting left-handed people are prone to be gay over righties?

It is fun to walk up to a righty and extend my left arm for a handshake.

I secretly enjoy their look of confusion and the spastic stop and go movement of both arms as they try to decide what to do.

2 righties raising 2 lefties and 1 rightie

it's borderline chaos alreaedy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom