Just remember what’s tomorrow (today) (1 Viewer)

Well, tomorrow became today, and I'm pretty much ambidextrous. I write, throw, bowl left handed, but I bat, kick and golf right handed. I guess it's not surprising I'm a confused soul.

But I'm sure that someone can teach you how to eat right handed like a normal person. :hihi:

Most righties I know actually use their right hand to cut food with a knife - and then they have to put the knife down and pick up their fork with their right hand to put the food in their mouth. Dear lord, it's like you might as well just cut your left arm off altogether.

Most lefties I know cut with their right hand and eat with their left. It's dramatically more efficient.

Left-handed eating:

Right-handed eating:

Most righties I know actually use their right hand to cut food with a knife - and then they have to put the knife down and pick up their fork with their right hand to put the food in their mouth. Dear lord, it's like you might as well just cut your left arm off altogether.

Most lefties I know cut with their right hand and eat with their left. It's dramatically more efficient.

Left-handed eating:

View attachment 121273

Right-handed eating:

View attachment 121272

Yep, fork in the left and knife in the right. Been doing that as long as I can remember.

That said, on a more morbid note, I'll stab you with my left. :covri:

Yep, fork in the left and knife in the right. Been doing that as long as I can remember.
This is how I generally used these implements when I eat. Call me crazy, but occasionally I will live dangerously and switch these tools to the other hand.

That said, on a more morbid note, I'll stab you with my left. :covri:

Wait. So y'all have the sharp thingy you use dextrously in your non-dominant hand and the thing you poke and shovel with in your good hand?
I use the knife in my left and the fork in my right. Stab, cut, lift, chew...repeat.

There are some distinct advantages to being lefthanded. If there's a shot at all in a bowling tournament, it'll stay more consistent on the left side. You'll seldom see lefties moving from down-and-in along the first arrow to swinging it wide across the fourth in a search for that last smear of oil.

Wait. So y'all have the sharp thingy you use dextrously in your non-dominant hand and the thing you poke and shovel with in your good hand?
I use the knife in my left and the fork in my right. Stab, cut, lift, chew...repeat.

There are some distinct advantages to being lefthanded. If there's a shot at all in a bowling tournament, it'll stay more consistent on the left side. You'll seldom see lefties moving from down-and-in along the first arrow to swinging it wide across the fourth in a search for that last smear of oil.

100% on the bowling. I bowled for ULL's club team when I was in college. Most of the tourneys I went to, there were not a lot of leftys, so I didn't have to make as many adjustments as my teammates.

Pitching in baseball was similar cuz the batters were not used to seeing the ball come from the left side. It was a pretty big advantage for me when I was in little league. I was never the fastest, but I had good control and a nice slider and curve to keep them guessing.

Why are left-handed compliments a bad thing?

I realize this post came out of left field.

Being left handed I do the following righty

Computer mouse
Scissors
Can openers
Guitar
Screwdrivers and other tools

Is it hard for left handed people to drive a stick shift? Genuinely curious. Haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom