Just saw a graphic on NFLN ...we are so blessed AND spoiled! (indirect about Brees) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
The 2017 Jets have three (3) QB's on their active roster with a COMBINED record of 19-45. That would have each with an AVERAGE W-L record of about 6-15.

Let that sink in for a minute.

In Brees' 11 seasons with the Saints, his W-O-R-S-T season has been 7-9, which is one game under .500 (...his WORST), and those with some of the worst defenses in NFL history!

Now that it appears that we have a defense to back up #9, we have to be in the mix for a deep run in the playoffs.

But I looked at that Jets graphic, and I thought: What would the Saints' franchise be like without Drew Brees? :idunno: :jpshakehead: :shrug: :scared:

Some of us from the old school know what those days were like. Thank God that's a distant memory!

I'm out... :cool:

:gosaints:

The 2017 Jets have three (3) QB's on their active roster with a COMBINED record of 19-45. That would have each with an AVERAGE W-L record of about 6-15.

Let that sink in for a minute.

In Brees' 11 seasons with the Saints, his W-O-R-S-T season has been 7-9, which is one game under .500 (...his WORST), and those with some of the worst defenses in NFL history!

Now that it appears that we have a defense to back up #9, we have to be in the mix for a deep run in the playoffs.

But I looked at that Jets graphic, and I thought: What would the Saints' franchise be like without Drew Brees? :idunno: :jpshakehead: :shrug: :scared:

Some of us from the old school know what those days were like. Thank God that's a distant memory!

I'm out... :cool:

:gosaints:

Ill help you out: (old School)

0-12
2-10
4-8 Best under a 12 game season like it use to be way back when

0-16 under todays schedule of 16 games
3-13
4-14 Best case scenario

Now back in the day, we had a decent defense but no offense( no offense means one that could score 30+pts easily, back in the day 20 pts was enough to win most games)

:jpshakehead:

I hate to say it but I think we're seeing one last grasp for glory before the whole thing comes apart. If we don't make some major progress this year Drew might abandon ship. At this point I think he just wants to get back the S.B. one more time. Well, that and lots of money.

If we have a good year and make the playoffs maybe he'll stick around for awhile.

Now it's time for Payton do to his job.

I hate to say it but I think we're seeing one last grasp for glory before the whole thing comes apart. If we don't make some major progress this year Drew might abandon ship. At this point I think he just wants to get back the S.B. one more time. Well, that and lots of money.

If we have a good year and make the playoffs maybe he'll stick around for awhile.

If we make the playoffs there is no maybe to it that he will stick around.

Assuming when Brees is gone whether through retirement or to another team you build a nasty defense. We still would have a decent offense just not a overwhelming powerful one as we have had. Give me a dome patrol like defense and a serviceable offense. We will never have a QB like Brees in a Saints uniform or in any other uniform on any team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom