Just saw this on Saints Wire on Landon Collins he may be available in F/A (1 Viewer)

I still have high hopes for Marcus Williams. I think he can be be a really good ball hawking safety under two conditions, the pass rush improves a bit and he is allowed the freedom at times to move with the QB’s first look. The problem he is having is he is being asked to sit in the middle of the field and not jumping on routes until QB releases ball to prevent big plays because the rush is not causing the QB to get the ball out early. It is very difficult for him to get to the far outside routes unless he moves with the QB’s eyes. He has the ability to do what Sharper did when Gregg Williams blitzes forced quick throws. He plays like the the kicker on kickoffs, just sits back to prevent TDs. At least it appears that way to me.

What have the NFL rules taken away?

Come on you got it.

Blowing players up. Tackling!

Yes he can play.

Yes if he was to be available at a reasonable price fine.

To give him a break the bank contract is not a wise idea.

Is his production is not that much better than bell to be honest?
Regardless of what rule changes they make, I'm pretty sure tackling will always be something you want defensive players being good at.

One thing I consistently see no matter what position is a lot of fans never want to see elite players be paid what they're worth.

Let me add, I think Williams would be Pro Bowl caliber safety in Seattle system where constant pressure is present. That has played a big part of Earl Thomas’ success and really any good DB.

Is his production is not that much better than bell to be honest?

Um, yeah. Like, a lot better. Way more production. Collins is a much better player by any measure or metric.

It's not really a fair comparison. Collins might be the best SS in the league and one of the top 2 or 3 Safeties period. I don't know where this "he's just an in the box Safety" stuff is coming from. Collins is really good in coverage.

Um, yeah. Like, a lot better. Way more production. Collins is a much better player by any measure or metric.

It's not really a fair comparison. Collins might be the best SS in the league and one of the top 2 or 3 Safeties period. I don't know where this "he's just an in the box Safety" stuff is coming from. Collins is really good in coverage.

Dude is a box SS

It is that simple. In fact Vaughn bell ranked higher than him in everything except lining up as a box SS and only finished second according to pff.

Now you might not like pff. But for the crazy money it will take to get a guy that is marginally better at being a box safety is foolish.

I know he is a good player and from Algiers but not a need.

Last season showed box SS have no value in free agency.

Dude is a box SS

It is that simple. In fact Vaughn bell ranked higher than him in everything except lining up as a box SS and only finished second according to pff.

Now you might not like pff. But for the crazy money it will take to get a guy that is marginally better at being a box safety is foolish.

I know he is a good player and from Algiers but not a need.

Last season showed box SS have no value in free agency.
You are judging players in this thread on statistics and a single season. That is a poor method to use that does not accurately represent either player and their contributions.

You are judging players in this thread on statistics and a single season. That is a poor method to use that does not accurately represent either player and their contributions.

Really

So he was great great then slowly came back down to earth.

Humm sounds just like that guy we let go that bell took his job and could not get signed untill late in the season.

Oh that sounds just like Kenny.

The team that picked him is gonna let him walk. Tells ya something.

If he was that great they would have locked him up.

If he was that great they would have locked him up.

Dear The Moose,

lolz.

Signed,

Reggie White, Member of the NFL HOF
Drew Brees, Member of the NFL HOF
Deion Sanders, Member of the NFL HOF
Charles Woodson, Member of the NFL HOF
Curtis Martin, Member of the NFL HOF
Kevin Mawae, Member of the NFL HOF

Saints just need to go all in and get the best FAs they can this year. I wouldn't worry bout the cap this year because the next few years we have tons of cap space and you can structure the contracts to be minimal for 2019 but huge gains in 2020/21/22.

Maybe it's been mentioned and I didn't see it, but he's also got a bad shoulder, which - in my opinion - is going to be a problem in the future.

He's an upgrade over Vonn Bell, but not enough to warrant the expenditure when we have more pressing needs at WR, TE, and DT. If anyone in the secondary needs to be upgraded or take a step forward, it's Marcus Williams....and Collins isn't that guy.

Saints just need to go all in and get the best FAs they can this year. I wouldn't worry bout the cap this year because the next few years we have tons of cap space and you can structure the contracts to be minimal for 2019 but huge gains in 2020/21/22.

Sounds good in theory till you remember we have Thomas, Lattimore, Kamara and Ramzyck all coming off rookie deals in the next 1-3 years.

Dear The Moose,

lolz.

Signed,

Reggie White, Member of the NFL HOF
Drew Brees, Member of the NFL HOF
Deion Sanders, Member of the NFL HOF
Charles Woodson, Member of the NFL HOF
Curtis Martin, Member of the NFL HOF
Kevin Mawae, Member of the NFL HOF

Love it now he is in the hof.

Ok dude!

When they size him for the gold jacket tell me I told you so.

He is a nice player.

But for you guys to think he is a major upgrade is almost as foolish as this hof stuff.

Bell is more than adequate.

Teams find a way to lock up good young players.

The list of players hof players stuff in common. Damaged, not a big enough market to be a star, or after the break the bank contract.

So I guess it is not the market.

Love it now he is in the hof.

Ok dude!

When they size him for the gold jacket tell me I told you so.

He is a nice player.

But for you guys to think he is a major upgrade is almost as foolish as this hof stuff.

Bell is more than adequate.

Teams find a way to lock up good young players.

The list of players hof players stuff in common. Damaged, not a big enough market to be a star, or after the break the bank contract.

So I guess it is not the market.
You have absolutely no idea what I'm saying...

You have absolutely no idea what I'm saying...

I know exactly what you mean.

He is the greatest thing since the wheel.

He will be in the hof. Sign him.

The g men are stupid. They are gonna let him walk.

Hof players get walking papers for three reasons as I stated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom