JUST STOP IT......we are fine.... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This board is such a great place to talk Saints football.

But, it can also be nauseating at times......and it’s always right after a loss.

The inherent problem.......assuming we make the playoffs....is unless we win the super bowl, we are always going to end the season with a loss.

Including the last 3 years, in which we are 2-3 in playoff games.

So here they come. The standard INSANE armchair negative nelly responses.

Brees can’t go deep.

Brees isn’t mobile.

Sean’s calls are the reason for the loss.

Meanwhile......the fact is.......Brees is strong enough, mobile enough, and Sean called it good enough......to win assuming Lutz hits a 37 yarder.

Last year, Brees was strong enough, mobile enough, and Sean called good enough assuming the ref just tosses the flag that should have been tossed. A Super Bowl.

Our best NG missed the game.
Our stud DE missed the game.
Our stud WR had a broken hand.
Anzalone alone will make a huge difference next year.

Those are FACTS.

Even still, we are a Lutz miss and a ref miss from winning both games.

My favorite are the “he doesn’t scare playoff teams”.....

Meanwhile 38 on the Titans and 46 on the Niners within the last few weeks.

Brees is fine. In fact, he’s exceptional.

Also like “he’s not mobile”......as one of the most mobile in NFL history, Lamar Jackson, gets completely shut down in the playoffs.

Teams lose, it happens.....but we have a great roster, great coaches (you don’t go 13-3 if you have an idiot coach and a noodle arm QB).

To the group that insists we need a 2nd WR.......the Titans and the Niners aren’t even throwing the ball.
The 2nd WR myth has never been an actual thing in winning in the playoffs.

Here’s the deal.....Drew is great, Sean is great, and we made the playoffs. That’s better than 20 teams.

Once you get there, anything goes.....that’s why teams like the Pats and Ravens lose.

We are in a great spot, nothing to break up, just keep tweaking.

Honestly we we’re only a few pieces short this year and even if we had them this might not have been our year because the injury bug ran too deep toward the end. The injury bug hits every team and does in a season or two now and then. This was just our year for it.

Brees can’t go deep. And it’s not a shot to say it. He’s 40.
Payton’s refusal to run and poor clock management did contribute to the loss.
Those are factual observations. Oh and Brees is also not mobile. At all. He’s had an uncanny ability to climb the pocket and feel pressure his whole career. Maybe the best I’ve ever seen at that. But mobile, no. And as he ages he’s less able to slide the pocket. I do believe tho that terrible line play also contributed to that loss. I thought line was a strength of the team aside from Andrus Peat but I was wrong.

And of course we will be fine. It’s football. Entertainment.

Well said. Now on to next year. I know it’s not possible but I would like all our free agents back and speedy recovery for all injuries.

What makes me upset and i mean... Really upset.

We know how team will gameplan for Brees. Interior Pressure. We lost the NFCC because of a whiff from a guard.

You know what we do? We bring back said guard at $9 million. We could of found a good replacement at that price. Saints have a weird complacency issue on offense. Didn't try to improve WR or the Oline during the season.

The moment Peat got Brees injured. I had enough. The ATL game should of been the last straw.

I think expectations increase as a franchise continues to win. For example, I don’t think Patriots’ fans are happy with just making it to the playoffs. They expect to win at least 1-2 playoffs games, if not the whole thing. Also, we realize the Brees is nearing the end of his career and there is a sense of urgency to get one more shot at glory.

Brees can’t go deep. And it’s not a shot to say it. He’s 40.
Payton’s refusal to run and poor clock management did contribute to the loss.
Those are factual observations. Oh and Brees is also not mobile. At all. He’s had an uncanny ability to climb the pocket and feel pressure his whole career. Maybe the best I’ve ever seen at that. But mobile, no. And as he ages he’s less able to slide the pocket. I do believe tho that terrible line play also contributed to that loss. I thought line was a strength of the team aside from Andrus Peat but I was wrong.

And of course we will be fine. It’s football. Entertainment.

but he put up 350 and 5 TD against the team that supposedly has the best D and is one game away from the SB. That is deep enough to break it off if all the pieces are hitting even halfway. And then he went 29/30. If He can’t throw deep, I’ll take this over deep any day. We are still a strong team.

but he put up 350 and 5 TD against the team that supposedly has the best D and is one game away from the SB. That is deep enough to break it off if all the pieces are hitting even halfway. And then he went 29/30. If He can’t throw deep, I’ll take this over deep any day. We are still a strong team.
I agree with everything you just stated. All I stated was a fact. Not a shot.
He is still incredible but think of it this way...our dink and dunk takes so many plays to get down the field...one penalty, bad play, mistake...kills our drive. More plays more chances for that mistake. And it’s a fact that teams do not respect his deep ball and play safeties up, making it harder to win with our dunk and dunk in the playoffs.

I think expectations increase as a franchise continues to win. For example, I don’t think Patriots’ fans are happy with just making it to the playoffs. They expect to win at least 1-2 playoffs games, if not the whole thing. Also, we realize the Brees is nearing the end of his career and there is a sense of urgency to get one more shot at glory.
I was up in New England last week and there for game day. In a rental car, so just tuned to local sports radio.

The locals were pretty brutal about the team and Brady. Expectations are on another level. Very unsentimental and more or less expected a loss or maybe squeaking out a win. Very little homerism and lots of breaking down all the shortcomings of the team.

I find it best to ignore those threads.

I agree with everything you just stated. All I stated was a fact. Not a shot.
He is still incredible but think of it this way...our dink and dunk takes so many plays to get down the field...one penalty, bad play, mistake...kills our drive. More plays more chances for that mistake. And it’s a fact that teams do not respect his deep ball and play safeties up, making it harder to win with our dunk and dunk in the playoffs.
More plays. More film.. More data. More tendencies. Playoff time, You got coaches and players locked in a room watching film and it has shown for the past 3 years. It's why big plays are important. You eventually run out of new plays to run. Then, you have QB where you only have to defend 35 yards to compund that issue to just makes it even worse. Brees has become the perfect regular season QB, but his game is too limited for the playoffs.

Last edited:
More plays. More film. Playoff time. More data. More tendencies. You got coaches and players locked in a room watching film and it has shown for tge past 3 years. It's why big plays are important. You eventually run out of new plays to run. Then, you have QB where you only have to defend 20 yards. Just makes it even worse. Brees has become the perfect regular season QB, because his game is too limited for the playoffs.

Bingo. Well stated.

According to many on this board, none of that matters if you can’t chuck it 60 yards in the air off your back foot. It’s pretty sad what’s happened to this fan base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom