Just think how much they'd pay NFL commissioner if he were competent (1 Viewer)

Look, Goodell is about 1 thing, making the Owners rich, and they dont want anyone messing with there money and income.

He obviously over-reacted about the Bounty stuff, and made it into something it seems never was.

So, since the owners were silent during this bounty process, he must have been making them happy, and yes rich, and in that proccess is making himself a good lump.

More then us lowly little fan will EVER see.

Such a massive seperation of have's and have not's.

How can anybody ever say Roger isn't worth the money or not competent? He has done so much for professional football and the fans. He has the hardest job in the world, with having to fight off all the other pro football leagues stealing the best talent, fans and ad dollars. I mean its not like he is in charge of a monopoly or anything. He even stands up to the owners and always takes the high road, doing what is right, fair and just. He has made the game so much more enjoyable to boot!
He is the best, most honorable, honest, hardworking person ever. I hear he is even up to be the next Pope.

How can anybody ever say Roger isn't worth the money or not competent? He has done so much for professional football and the fans. He has the hardest job in the world, with having to fight off all the other pro football leagues stealing the best talent, fans and ad dollars. I mean its not like he is in charge of a monopoly or anything. He even stands up to the owners and always takes the high road, doing what is right, fair and just. He has made the game so much more enjoyable to boot!
He is the best, most honorable, honest, hardworking person ever. I hear he is even up to be the next Pope.

My sarcasm detector is giving me a "can not compute" message.

owners are defining competence much differently than you and I. That won't change while we continue to watch and go at all time highs.

Ratings this year were down something like 3% from the year before. And many teams are having a lot of trouble selling tickets. Business is still good, but it will be interesting to see if this is just a fluctuation or the start of a broader decline.

If Roger is responsible for growing the game's popularity, why isn't the salary cap projected to go up over the next few years? Isn't that a direct indicator of the game's financial health?

Ratings this year were down something like 3% from the year before. And many teams are having a lot of trouble selling tickets. Business is still good, but it will be interesting to see if this is just a fluctuation or the start of a broader decline.

it could be, but my bet is that other factors are still playing bigger roles in that right now - ticket sales in particular. I am still willing to bet owners are not ready to blame Roger (as much as I would love it) on those factors which may or may not be trends.

Roger must be doing something behind the scenes that we just can't see. Those behind the scenes "favors" must be worth a bunch.

but it may be that this years compensation is tied to the contract he negotiated with the players, the lower he got them to settle on, the more money in his pocket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom