Just venting. (1 Viewer)

ktulu909

Not Band
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In July,I lost my mom. She had been sick for quite some time,but you're never ready. She had no insurance,but we managed to make final arrangements with some help and creative finance.

My wife's mother has lived with us for 5 years. She works,she loved us and her grand babies, came home from work and was just fine,took a shower,went in her room and died. My wife's best friend. The woman who has treated me as one of her own since the day I met her. The woman who stepped up after my mom passed and made the extra effort to love me as her own son.

We found her and she was still warm. My left hand was swollen for two days from my pathetic attempt at chest compressions.

You can't have both. You can't take them both from us. It isn't right. I'm sick and God damned tired of losing loved ones. Christmas is around the corner,and we have to bury a second mother in less than 4 months. **** 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, man. It's strange how that works. I hope you can take some comfort in the peacefulness with which your MIL passed on, and that she was in a warm and loving home in her final days. And that she was at least wearing clean underwear - I know how much mothers fret about that.

I recently lost my grandfather, but he went very slowly. His passing was a release. At the end, he wasn't even really him - he had gotten lost somewhere along the way.

Actually she was still just wrapped in a towel so it made it a bit uncomfortable but whatever. Wife wanted to dress her before emt arrived until I reminded her they were just going to cut whatever clothes off. They worked on her for over an hour here at the house.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family find peace in the new year.

I want my mom back. I want my wife's mom back. I ******* want Alex (hammernnails) back. This is ******* ********

So very sorry to hear about your losses, ktulu. You're never ready to lose a parent, no matter how old you are or they are. Just hang in there, in time it will get better, or at least easier to bear.

In July,I lost my mom. She had been sick for quite some time,but you're never ready. She had no insurance,but we managed to make final arrangements with some help and creative finance.

My wife's mother has lived with us for 5 years. She works,she loved us and her grand babies, came home from work and was just fine,took a shower,went in her room and died. My wife's best friend. The woman who has treated me as one of her own since the day I met her. The woman who stepped up after my mom passed and made the extra effort to love me as her own son.

We found her and she was still warm. My left hand was swollen for two days from my pathetic attempt at chest compressions.

You can't have both. You can't take them both from us. It isn't right. I'm sick and God damned tired of losing loved ones. Christmas is around the corner,and we have to bury a second mother in less than 4 months. **** 2016.

I'm sorry for your losses. There's no good time to lose a loved one, but during the holidays can be brutal. If there is a silver lining to the cloud it's that your mother-in-law went quickly. She didn't suffer the decline of chronic illness over a long period which kills her a little each day.

Having lost one parent suddenly (burst aorta) and another over 6 months, (cancer) for me anyway the former was much easier.

You still have your wife. Be a comfort to each other. Try to find the blessing in each moment. Your mother-in-law's spirit will live on. Peace and healing energies to you all

Damn, sure seems like it's been a bad year for condolence threads :(

I want my mom back. I want my wife's mom back. I ******* want Alex (hammernnails) back. This is ******* ********

And everyone else who gave more than they took.

Really sorry for your loss man. I'll be praying for you and the wife. 2016 has indeed munched.

I can't even function right now. Outside family is meddling now and I have to go back to work tomorrow. There is such a massive hole in this house right now.

That's awful - so sorry ktulu. People say "this will pass" but you have every right to be angry and to grieve as you need to, it sucks man. We're here.

If your family needs help with arrangements, let us know.

I've been there to some degree. When I was 16, I lost both my youngest sister (she was 7) and my grandmother in 12 months. It was one of the most confusing periods of time in my life. Certainly questioned my faith and the whole point of life at that time.

I feel your pain and all I can say is my condolences for your loss and hang in there. It's ok to cry and grieve. It's not easy, but love your wife and kids (if you have kids). As life goes on, I find myself living more in the moment with my family because I don't take them for granted. We never know when our time is up.

I wish you all the best. And you'll be in my prayers. Take care.

Sorry for you loss, it is never easy.

About 5 years ago, my wife lost both her grandmothers in May and July respectively. My grandmother died in June so it was a heck of a summer.

Damn,yea that's terrible. I just can't get this to sink in. I keep waking for her to walk in the door

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom