Just wanted to share individual grades from our Oline (1 Viewer)

BigSaintsFAN9

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Here are the overall season grades for our Oline

Evans - 18.6 grade Allowed NO sacks and 19 pressures
De La Puente - 23.0 grade. Allowed 2 sacks and 14 pressures
Grubbs - 19.2 grade. Allowed 3 sacks and 20 pressures

Bushrod - 1.5 grade. Allowed 4 sacks and 54 pressures
Strief - -1.5 grade. Allowed 6 sacks and 29 pressures

So obviously we didnt miss Nicks at all and Bushrod was the weakest link, good luck with him Bears!

534118_158835850945234_690509540_n.jpg

How is grubbs rated higher than evans if he allowed more sacks and pressures

How is grubbs rated higher than evans if he allowed more sacks and pressures

because if you take out the couple dozen plays in which they allowed pressures or sacks they played about 1300 other snaps.

Bushrod - 1.5 grade. Allowed 4 sacks and 54 pressures
Strief - -1.5 grade. Allowed 6 sacks and 29 pressures

So obviously we didnt miss Nicks at all and Bushrod was the weakest link, good luck with him Bears!

If you take into consideration that Strief played in only 12 games and Bushrod played in 16 full games, the picture is a little different:

Strief - allowed .5 sacks and 2.42 pressures per game.
Bushrod - allowed .25 sacks and 3.375 pressures per game.

So Strief gave up twice the amount of sacks per game, working on the right side, the easy side of the line. He also missed a quarter of the season. So as much as I'm not a huge Bushrod fan and am glad we did not try to match Chicago's offer, he was not the weak link last year.

Loomis will make a F.A. deal before the draft for an O.T.
We probably won't go into the draft with a "must draft L.T." mentality.
It may not be one we all want.
If he does not, they must really trust Charles Brown, and think this is his year.

I have a feeling we're gonna do a trade in the draft that involves a tackle coming to us.

If you take into consideration that Strief played in only 12 games and Bushrod played in 16 full games, the picture is a little different:

Strief - allowed .5 sacks and 2.42 pressures per game.
Bushrod - allowed .25 sacks and 3.375 pressures per game.

So Strief gave up twice the amount of sacks per game, working on the right side, the easy side of the line. He also missed a quarter of the season. So as much as I'm not a huge Bushrod fan and am glad we did not try to match Chicago's offer, he was not the weak link last year.

I thought Strief was worse than Bushrod last year. But that didn't mean that Bushrod was good enough.

If we can keep C Brown healthy, and provide the help we gave to Bushrod, then Brown should be at least as good as Bushrod was.....I think he might be slightly better.

I know we supposedly value guards more than tackles but geez. We gotta get better play from those positions. Time for C. Brown to stay healthy n put up or shut up. They drafted him to b the eventual starter so they've gotta give him another shot, especially since he has the athleticism to hold it down. And hopefully 1 of the younger guys will beat out Strief in TC

I thought Strief was worse than Bushrod last year. But that didn't mean that Bushrod was good enough.

If we can keep C Brown healthy, and provide the help we gave to Bushrod, then Brown should be at least as good as Bushrod was.....I think he might be slightly better.

The problem isn't whether Brown is any good or not, we know he's good. The problem is he can't stay healthy. He doesn't do the Saints any good if he can't stay on the field.

The problem isn't whether Brown is any good or not, we know he's good. The problem is he can't stay healthy. He doesn't do the Saints any good if he can't stay on the field.

I've seen some good from Brown but mostly he has been pretty bad to go with the injuries.

Those stats are obviously wrong, it has Ivory as a better player and better pass blocker than Ingram.

Poor PT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom