Just wanting to vent.... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The types of the compound catalyst systems primarily include metallocene/metallocene compound catalyst systems and metallocene/Ziegler-Natta compound catalyst systems, with the latter being particularly preferred. By compounding a metallocene catalyst with a Ziegler-Natta catalyst, it is possible to overcome the disadvantages of the metallocene catalyst system, such as a single active center, narrow molecular weight distribution of the resulting polymers and poor processability, while maintaining its advantages, such as good stereoregularity of the resulting polymers, good copolymerizability and the like. For example, European Patent Application Publication 0 447 070 A1 discloses a solid catalyst suitable for polymerizing olefins in a heterogeneous process, comprising (1) a solid support containing from 80 to 99.5 mol % of magnesium dichloride and from 0.5 to 20 mol % of an electron-donor compound free from labile hydrogen, (2) an electron-donor compound containing labile hydrogen, (3) a zirconium metallocene, (4) at least one halide of a transition metal chosen from titanium and vanadium, and (5) an organoaluminum compound, preferably an aluminoxane compound. The catalyst disclosed therein is prepared by supporting zirconium and titanium or vanadium onto the support formed from magnesium dichloride and is suitable for the heterogeneous polymerization of olefins, and however, such a catalyst has a relatively low activity and the molecular weight distribution (Mw/Mn) of the resulting polymer is only about 4, which is still relatively narrow. European Patent Application Publication 0 447 071 A1 discloses a compound solid catalyst suitable for polymerizing olefins, comprising (1) a support containing from 90 to 99.9mol % of magnesium dichloride and from 0.1 to 10 mol % of an electron-donor compound free from labile hydrogen, (2) a zirconium metallocene, (3) at least one halide of a transition metal chosen from titanium and vanadium, and (4) an organoaluminum compound, preferably an aluminoxane compound. The catalyst disclosed therein is prepared by supporting zirconium and titanium or vanadium onto the support formed from magnesium dichloride and is suitable for the heterogeneous polymerization of olefins, and can produce polymers having better particle morphology (Dm/Dn: 1.5; bulk density: 0.3-0.4 g/cm3). Although such a catalyst has a higher ratio of Zr to Ti, for example from 2 to 20, it has a relatively low activity and the molecular weight distribution (Mw/Mn) of the resulting polymer is only about 5, which is still relatively narrow. The reason may be that part of zirconium supported is inactive for being covered, thus decreasing the activity of the whole catalyst.

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-tRErs5UcI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t-tRErs5UcI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Joe, I will have to take your word for it man. That is some deep stuff:D

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You had me at compound catalyst. No really, you did. You had me thoroughly confused by that point.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm too hung over to read all that. Today is gonna suck.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know Ziegler-Natta about this.

Thorin

Idle
Reaction score
Hey, that's the recipe for Popeye's Red Beans and Rice, stop stealing other people's material.

MackeyM

atakapa refugee
Reaction score
A cleaner, more environmentally friendly laundry detergent?

Just another step towards removing hydrocarbon based polymers from our society.

Check surfactant systems.

Good find, Joe.

Redlands Saints

killing threads daily
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
joe, I thought this was gonna be another striper story. WTH I thought you were a strip club manager not a rocket scientist. now I wonder.

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
joe, I thought this was gonna be another striper story. WTH I thought you were a strip club manager not a rocket scientist. now I wonder.

fintalk-striper1.jpg

:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom