just watched payton's press conf (1 Viewer)

Ow. If Devery was in for 20 plays and had some calls for him as the number one target, then the Steelers sure had his number. Probably why Copper was open more and props to Payton and Brees for going to him. I'm going to re-watch the game to check this out.

And the guys bashing Copper are the same ones that get bent when Henderson gets bashed for his less-than-stellar moments. Copper did very well.

Did he say anything about Fred Thomas being back for the Cincy game?

Did you not see what Devery did last week when he was starting? 3 catches for over 100 yards and 2 touchdowns!

He sure would have had a lot more plays to get open on if he was starting. Instead Payton puts Mr. Copper in there who fumbles the ball on the drive which would have forced overtime.

Did you see the routes he ran to get open on those plays? Pretty much ran in a straight line, without so much as a head fake to keep the DB guessing.

I think the Saints even ran the same roll out with Brees, designed to hit Henderson down the middle...it wasn't there.

Your assumption that Devery would have been open makes no sense at all.

Bash me if you guys want, but I think that Henderson should have seen the majority of the plays instead of Copper. When it came down to the end, Copper fumbled the ball when it counted most!

Bash me if you guys want, but I think that Henderson should have seen the majority of the plays instead of Copper. When it came down to the end, Copper fumbled the ball when it counted most!

I don't see why you should be bashed for voicing your opinion.

I disagree. If Drew would've thrown at least once to Henderson, I'd be willing to listen, but it appears Copper was getting it done.

Yeah... Henderson would've been covered so well on that play that Brees never would have thrown him the ball and we probably would've gone on to win the game.

I saw Henderson in there alot actually... didn't do too much to stand out.... copper looks good for a #2 or #3 guy... he has alot to offer... i'm kinda shocked he's as good as he showed sunday.

I'm pretty sure Devery would have gotten open a helluva lot more if he was starting. Starting Copper was the worst decision Payton has made on his watch so far.
{mod edit - seek a higher level} Is it because of the fumble? I even heard people complain about dropped passes. The only pass he dropped was on the last drive and the defender's helmet hit the ball right after he caught it. Yeah the fumble ended the game, but if we use that logic then Reggie should be benched too. I thought the guy looked great except for the end of the last play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devery would have caught all thos balls Copper did.

And there's no way he would have fumbled.

Right.

Are you forgetting the great catch for the TD Copper made? Or the clutch catches the week prior against the Bucs? He had a bad second half. It happens, move on. Deuce has fumbled at critical points, too, ya know. As has Joe, as will Drew. It happens. Our team is 6-3 and has a one game lead in the race for the division! Be loud in the Dome this Sunday!

Yeah... Henderson would've been covered so well on that play that Brees never would have thrown him the ball and we probably would've gone on to win the game.

There are only so many players on the "D", Colston was the one that was covered "so well" , they couldn't of covered both WR"s "so well". if ya get my drift

I said it before and I'll say it again, If I was the coach Copper would have been cut after the drive killing drop and the game killing fumble. He would have taken a different plane home. I can't stand that guy. I didn't like him when we signed him and I like him a lot less now. Charles grant better tone down his monetary demands after the last three years cause he ain't worth big money. We obviously can beat the teams we're supposed to beat and we can even beat some of the mediocre teams, but we can't beat any of the good to really good teams yet. That will have to wait until next year unless we win too many more games and put ourselves in a bad position in the next draft. If that happens it will take 3 years to get where we will need to be to contend. As bad as that sounds, it'll still be fun and interesting to watch our guys play. I just don't expect much out of them the rest of the way.

Call me crazy, but I started Henderson over Hines Ward, Santana Moss, and Laverneus Coles because I thought he'd have another huge game.

BTW, I lost by 5.

You and me both. I thought for sure Henderson would have had another big game. I actually REMOVED Hines Ward from my line-up to add Henderson. Nothing to show for it, but thank God for Ladanian Tomlinson.

I couldn't hear the initial question, but doesn't Payton talk about how the defense was giving them the middle of the field and Devery was working the outside...somethiing like that anyway. Can anybody hear the initial question?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom