Just won 2 Superbowl tickets... Scam? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just won 2 Superbowl tickets... ZOMG!

I signed up last year for an antivirus client for my company. http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/

I just received a call from a PRIVATE number by a guy called Gene Cairo saying I won the tickets, airfare, and hotel stay. Has anyone heard of Vipre Antivirus? I did install and tested the software. I am so scared of it being a scam! They said they just need basic info and nothing out of pocket for the entire trip except food.

IS THIS REAL?! I can't find anything on it being a scam! I!N$TSDSDS

What basic information are they asking you for? It could be real. They shouldn't be asking for anything more than you would put on the outside of an envelope.

Most things that are too good to be true almost ALWAYS are. I hope that in this case you really did win them.

I got a call from someone saying they were from Verizon 2 years ago saying I had won front row tickets to Lincoln Park and Chris Cornell's concert in Philly. I thought it was a scam as well and just said ok. They said they were trying a new marketing idea where the text you a scan of tickets to be used for entry.

2 days later I get this text image of a bar code. Nothing on it said anything about the concert or verizon. I blew it off. Day of the concert I get a call from Verizon again requsting I be there no later then 5PM as there was another prize I won. I called Verizon's service number after I got off the phone and after about 30 minutes on hold and talking to various folks, found out it INDEED was legit.

The additional prize I won? And 30 minute meet and greet with Chris Cornell. They took our pics with him, got us all kinds of autographed items, and we got to BS with him about anything we wanted to talk about. And the front row seats were KILLER! Lincoln Park was ehhh...but Cornell KILLED it!

So, I say call the company and see what gives. Don't give out ANY personal info other then your name and MAYBE address. Good luck! Would be AWESOME to win tickets to see the Saints win again!

when the tickets come in, mail them to me and I'll get to the bottom of this for you

Be sure to give them your creditcard # and security code......:hihi:

Sunbelt Software is totally legit, and Vipre is one of the best out there, IMO.

I'd call Sunbelt Co. directly, to verify you are indeed a winner of the prize.

I just called Sunbelt and verified with their marketing!!! OMG

This is the sweepstakes company Alliance Sweepstakes Services...

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

I just called Sunbelt and verified with their marketing!!! OMG

This is the sweepstakes company Alliance Sweepstakes Services...

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Not sure of your company's policies but you probably need to check with HR to make sure that you aren't violating any rules about receiving gifts from vendors or clients. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Congrats!

Not sure of your company's policies but you probably need to check with HR to make sure that you aren't violating any rules about receiving gifts from vendors or clients. It is better to be safe than sorry.

And then, since acting as an agent of the company in the capacity of the job, that the tickets aren't company property if accepted.

Echoing the better safe than sorry.

Yea I just was consulted to talk to HR to confirm I can accept it because it was under the company address. DOH!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom