Justice League Movie (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After all of the Avengers hype, it's a pretty safe bet we'll see a Justice League friendly reboot of the franchise in the not too distant future.

Oscar winner Ben Affleck has reportedly been approached by Warner Bros. about directing their long-gestating Justice League of America movie and might even play a role in it.

According to Variety, "Affleck is the only candidate who’s been sent Will Beall’s Justice League script, which the Gangster Squad scribe was hired to write last summer. ... Affleck has made it clear that he’s only interested in directing films in which he also stars — The Town and Argo are proof of that — so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would don a suit of his own. One possible hesitation on Affleck’s part is that any involvement with Justice League would take him out of circulation as a director for a few years. He could, however, still fit in an acting gig at Warners."......................

Ben Affleck May Direct, Co-Star in JLA Movie - IGN

Attachments

• ben-hollywoodland-480_1285644774.jpg
    ben-hollywoodland-480_1285644774.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 351
Affleck's turned into a pretty great director and I think he'd do a fine job. That said, he's already attached to a new adaptation of The Stand and I think that's a better fit for him.

I would absolutely love a Justice League movie, however, I don't like Ben Affleck as an actor period. As much as want this movie to happen I do not want to see Affleck in it. Direct yes, act no.

Oscar winner Ben Affleck has reportedly been approached by Warner Bros. about directing their long-gestating Justice League of America movie and might even play a role in it.

According to Variety, "Affleck is the only candidate who’s been sent Will Beall’s Justice League script, which the Gangster Squad scribe was hired to write last summer. ... Affleck has made it clear that he’s only interested in directing films in which he also stars — The Town and Argo are proof of that — so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would don a suit of his own. One possible hesitation on Affleck’s part is that any involvement with Justice League would take him out of circulation as a director for a few years. He could, however, still fit in an acting gig at Warners."......................

Ben Affleck May Direct, Co-Star in JLA Movie - IGN

I would love to see the justice league movie, but it's gonna be horrible if affleck is involved. He should have given up acting after Good Will Hunting.

Affleck gets a lot of **** he doesn't deserve but if Warner thinks it can duplicate "The Avengers," maybe they need to come up with some decent movies for the other superheroes in the JL. Marvel made good films out of Iron Man, Capt. America and Thor. Warner needs somehing better for Green Lantern, maybe a good Flash or Wonder Woman movie wouldn't hurt, and they need "Man of Steel" to do well. And who knows what they're going to do with Batman now that the Nolan trilogy is over.

A Justice League movie would be difficult to do with DC's darker, more realistic universe. You've got a bunch of different aliens, or alien-like creatures, plus one ordinary citizen who dresses like a bat. Plus you'd have to recast Batman...

Affleck is also attached to another script that, to me, sounds like an awesome concept-- it's called 'Replay':

What might Ben Affleck get if he mixed together Big, Groundhog Day, and his old girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow's Sliding Doors? Perhaps a little something like Replay, which Deadline says Affleck is mulling for his next project. Based on the 1989 Ken Grimwood novel, it's the story of a 43-year-old radio journalist who dies and wakes up a teenager, able to relive his life and explore the paths he never chose.

Ben Affleck May Direct the Life-Branching Replay -- Vulture

The only way this is possible is if they blow up all the stuff they've built. The obvious "too dark for a team movie" batman and hopefully superman, the GL movie was as bad as could be, and then not already having a WW or Flash movie, it'd be pretty unlikely to just throw a team movie in. And, I'll be the first nerd here to say it, I don't want a JLA movie anyway.

Now the Matrix directors are in play:

Warner Bros. is actively looking for a director to finally bring their live-action Justice League of America movie to life. Ben Affleck recently shot down reports that he might do the film, and now there's a rumor that the studio is looking at not one but two filmmakers to direct JLA: Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski.............

Wachowskis Rumored as Justice League Director Contenders - IGN

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom