Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At the beginning, how did Batman know fear attracted parademons? How did he know anything about parademons?
I took it as he had been investigating them for a while.

JPPT1974

June and Summertime
Reaction score
Really like Wonder Woman but now they are butchering the DC Comics characters
Batman a grouch and too negative
Superman went from being likable and nice but being the way Batman is now is.

Love the Marvel Comics due to the fact of them never taking themselves too seriously despite taking their jobs however.

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. The team up part took a while to complete, but the interlaced the development of Steppenwolf in-between, so it didn't lose pace to me.

OP
Torgo

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
Really like Wonder Woman but now they are butchering the DC Comics characters
Batman a grouch and too negative
Superman went from being likable and nice but being the way Batman is now is.

Love the Marvel Comics due to the fact of them never taking themselves too seriously despite taking their jobs however.
1. Batman is a grouch. That's been a huge part of his character for decades.

2. Not sure what movie you watched but the Superman in JL was much more light-hearted and hopeful than he was in the previous movies.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was not a fan of how they brought Supes back. Again, I know timing (or the lack thereof) contributed plenty, but damn. No Black outfit, no nothing? Come on.
As a big time Superman fan and having read the whole Death of Superman arc back in the day, this was my biggest complaint as well. Especially since I know they filmed him in the black suit. I guess with the reshoots and all, that part got nixed. Don't even get me started about the CGI moustache thing, although it didn't bug me as much seeing it the second time. Stupid Paramount execs for demanding he keep it. Ridiculous.

But back to the regeneration thing. How awesome would it have been to have him shoot out of the regeneration chamber in the black suit and then fight them as he did? That sequence with him shirtless just seemed like a "oh we need to show off his physique for the ladies in the audience" moment. The black suit would have been perfect for this moment when he was "a little off kilter" and would have paved the way for the return to the regular (brighter!) suit toward the end when he was back to normal. They really missed the boat on this part.

OP
Torgo

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
As a big time Superman fan and having read the whole Death of Superman arc back in the day, this was my biggest complaint as well. Especially since I know they filmed him in the black suit. I guess with the reshoots and all, that part got nixed. Don't even get me started about the CGI moustache thing, although it didn't bug me as much seeing it the second time. Stupid Paramount execs for demanding he keep it. Ridiculous.

But back to the regeneration thing. How awesome would it have been to have him shoot out of the regeneration chamber in the black suit and then fight them as he did? That sequence with him shirtless just seemed like a "oh we need to show off his physique for the ladies in the audience" moment. The black suit would have been perfect for this moment when he was "a little off kilter" and would have paved the way for the return to the regular (brighter!) suit toward the end when he was back to normal. They really missed the boat on this part.
Was thinking the same thing about the black suit and how they missed the opportunity to use it.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
From everything I read and saw, Whedon changed a whole lot more than what DC let on. Makes me wonder if things from Snyder was really that bad or if the WB just so frightened that just changed all the could to keep the release date the same.

OP
Torgo

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
From everything I read and saw, Whedon changed a whole lot more than what DC let on. Makes me wonder if things from Snyder was really that bad or if the WB just so frightened that just changed all the could to keep the release date the same.
This video from Nerdist tries to piece things together. Granted, it's mostly speculation, but if some of these things are true, Snyder learned nothing from the criticisms of BvS, and his JL could have been even worse than that mess.

https://nerdist.com/every-way-zack-snyders-justice-league-changed-nerdist-news/

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that a full Snyder cut was done? Or am I imagining that? I wonder if we ever get a peek at that? I'm hoping that we'll get an extended edition when the DVD is released.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that a full Snyder cut was done? Or am I imagining that? I wonder if we ever get a peek at that? I'm hoping that we'll get an extended edition when the DVD is released.
Most I've read are people petitioning WB to release a Snyder cut.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I really liked it. I don’t see where the critics were coming from on this one. I loved the scene where Flash was trying to flank Superman and he realizes that Superman is as fast as he is.
Flash, Quicksilver, etc... What is it about the fast characters that bring the comedy gold?

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
At the beginning, how did Batman know fear attracted parademons? How did he know anything about parademons?
If I can say, that scene (him crouching on the gargoyle, etc.) was probably closer to coming book Batman than in BvS. Not necessarily in terms of action (the Martha rescue tops that easily), but in everything that is Batman's lore.
Flash, Quicksilver, etc... What is it about the fast characters that bring the comedy gold?
Which makes me want them to find a new director for the Flash movie as soon as possible.

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saw it today with my wife and adult son -- none of us are hard-core fans. We all really liked it. Even though it was a 1:15 show on a Monday, sad to say there were only two other people in the theatre.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. Wife, daughter, and I went to see it. We all loved it. Why are the reviews so bad. I've been telling everyone I know to go see it. It's really good. I'm not into comic book canon so maybe I'm missing something, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

The one thing that irked me was the scene where the Flash ends up laying on Wonder Woman for a split second then moves. We get that she's beautiful but my goodness she's so much more than that but Whedon used her as a sex object way too many times. It was just cheap for no reason. That scene is a shining example of this.

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The one thing that irked me was the scene where the Flash ends up laying on Wonder Woman for a split second then moves. We get that she's beautiful but my goodness she's so much more than that but Whedon used her as a sex object way too many times. It was just cheap for no reason. That scene is a shining example of this.
Whedon used a body double in that scene from what I've read. Gal Gadot wouldn't have appreciated that scene, and might not have done it at all if she had known about it, especially in light of recent events. She single-handedly got Brett Ratner and his RatPac Entertainment removed from Wonder Woman 2 by refusing to play the role unless he was no longer associated with it.

Whedon really has gone from loved to hated in stunning fashion, but that's what being a self righteous hypocritical jerk gets you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints, Pelicans form joint Social Justice Leadership Coalition Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom