Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (1 Viewer)

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I like Affleck as Batman but he should have never been cast in the role. It should have gone to a younger actor, which I think would have made things gel more.
Eh, it makes sense to me.

The older, broken down/beaten up Batman is the only way the BvS story could've portrayed him. He has to be disillusioned and bitter, far more than a younger version of himself would've been, to be branding criminals in prison knowing that it would lead to their deaths, much less actively working on a scheme to kill Superman. Batman has been dark, but he's never been THAT dark. And to me, at least, it's just plain ol' more interesting. Everybody knows what got a younger Batman to the point he is in his life, that's been done a bazillion times. Let's see what 20 years of physical beatings and pain and discouragement has done to him and what still keeps him going, that's a fascinating character study.

plus, he just has that "old man tough" thing going on. Either way I think he lends himself much better to a comic book version of Batman than he would in the more ambitious Nolan trilogy, but overall if I have to pick between Affleck and Bale, I'm picking Affleck.

I do think if DC actually does "The Batman" as they're calling it, as a sort of origin story, they definitely have to recast the role with a younger actor or figure out a way to "de-age" Affleck digitally.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Look I'm not trying to be overly critical of being a male, hell I've even made a couple of contributions to a couple threads in BTL.... lol.

However subtle it was, there was a difference in tone from WW to JL.

see here:

After I watching the movie, I can see a bit of where that female reviewer was coming from, but I'll counter with a few comments.

1. Aquaman didn't have a shirt for half of the movie.

2. One of the scenes that seems to be a behind shot of WW, also gets the butts of all the males up close.

3. Why was superman shirtless? He was in a full suit in the coffin. But when he is awakened, his suit, shirt and tie are suddenly gone and his pants are perfectly fine?

Heck, why was he barefoot?

They sexualized everyone to a point.

Side note.. holy abs on those amazons. Very noticeable in the movie. Even my wife was like, 'wow'.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got to see thi s movie and I loved it. I love this Batman. Afleck is doing a great job I think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zj_y8eAKpQU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Curious how different/better the original cut would be

I really enjoyed the directors cut of Superman 2
========

A fabled director's cut of 2017's Justice Leaguegot a boost on Sunday, the second anniversary of the film's release.
In May 2017, filmmaker Zack Snyder stepped down as director of Justice League after the death of his daughter, Autumn Snyder, so he could be with his family. Director Joss Whedon boarded the Warner Bros./DC superhero teamup movie to write new scenes and to complete the project through reshoots...........

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Curious how different/better the original cut would be

I really enjoyed the directors cut of Superman 2
========

A fabled director's cut of 2017's Justice Leaguegot a boost on Sunday, the second anniversary of the film's release.
In May 2017, filmmaker Zack Snyder stepped down as director of Justice League after the death of his daughter, Autumn Snyder, so he could be with his family. Director Joss Whedon boarded the Warner Bros./DC superhero teamup movie to write new scenes and to complete the project through reshoots...........

There's been a lot of push for this recently. I'd be kinda surprised if it doesn't happen at some point. I'm game to watch it.

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Yep and it will be glorious to watch their misery.
They won't ever be able to admit it. They're literal cult members at this point. But I'm fully expecting this to be all time terrible. Snyder is not a good narrative filmmaker (he's fine visually) and has zero understanding of the characters, and its going to be an over four hour bloated disaster.

It'll be up there with Duke Nukem Forever.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At first I was going to post:

Over/under 3.5 hours?

Then I decided to Google to make sure I wasn’t making a total arse of myself and saw it’s like 4 hours. Thanks?

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
They won't ever be able to admit it. They're literal cult members at this point. But I'm fully expecting this to be all time terrible. Snyder is not a good narrative filmmaker (he's fine visually) and has zero understanding of the characters, and its going to be an over four hour bloated disaster.

It'll be up there with Duke Nukem Forever.
Oh, I guarantee that when this thing comes out and people see how bad it was, the next conspiracy will be that WB purposely sabotaged it to make Snyder look bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom