Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (4 Viewers)

So has anyone been keeping up with Ray Fisher's (Cyborg) coming out and absolutely slamming Joss Whedon, calling his work on set unprofessional and abusive? And saying Geoff Johns and former DC Films Jon Berg enabled him?

I wonder if this is calculated. There's sort of an unspoken rule in Hollywood that you don't air the behind the scenes dirty laundry if you value your career. "Playing ball" is considered a virtue, especially if you're not a big name, as Fisher is.

But he just so happened to sit on this for years, actually praise him in public (as Fisher did at Comic-Con), then to renounce that and further pile on only after the Snyder cut gets greenlit? That feels like he got the go ahead and from someone to do it. Especially since he lumped in Berg and Johns, both of whom had rocky tenures as execs with DC films, with Berg out of the picture entirely and Johns bumped down the ladder. Warner Bros is notorious for studio politics, producers undermining one another, backstabbing, etc. This is a major reason DC has failed where Marvel has succeeded individually. Instead of one leader with vision, it's a bunch of fiefdoms competing.

I've been off the Whedon hype train for years (I quite frankly just don't like him or his work that much), but this coming out of the blue has certainly struck me as more than a bit odd. I'm not saying he doesn't have legitimate grievances, but whatever the case, more drama surrounding this movie.

So has anyone been keeping up with Ray Fisher's (Cyborg) coming out and absolutely slamming Joss Whedon, calling his work on set unprofessional and abuse? And saying Geoff Johns and former DC Films Jon Berg enabled him?

I wonder if this is calculated. There's sort of an unspoken rule in Hollywood that you don't air the behind the scenes dirty laundry if you value your career. "Playing ball" is considered a virtue, especially if you're not a big name, as Fisher is.

But he just so happened to sit on this for years, actually praise him in public (as Fisher did at Comic-Con), then to renounce that and further pile on only after the Snyder cut gets greenlit? That feels like he got the go ahead and from someone to do it. Especially since he lumped in Berg and Johns, both of whom had rocky tenures as execs with DC films, with Berg out of the picture entirely and Johns bumped down the ladder. Warner Bros is notorious for studio politics, producers undermining one another, backstabbing, etc. This is a major reason DC has failed where Marvel has succeeded individually. Instead of one leader with vision, it's a bunch of fiefdoms competing.

I've been off the Whedon hype train for years (I quite frankly just don't like him or his work that much), but this coming out of the blue has certainly struck me as more than a bit odd. Whatever the case, more drama surrounding this movie.

I read about it but didn't know about the other aspects that you just mentioned. Someone pointed out that when he was at a Comic Con I believe, and praised Whedon and kind of looked to Mamoa for a response and the look on Mamoa's face said he didn't agree at all.

I also saw a rumor that said Gal Gadot refused to do the scene where Flash lands on top of her chest and that Whedon said if she doesn't do it he'll ruin her career. Apparently someone that worked with her on the movie backed up the rumor and that a body double played the part where Flash lands on her. She didn't back down.

I also saw a rumor that said Gal Gadot refused to do the scene where Flash lands on top of her chest and that Whedon said if she doesn't do it he'll ruin her career. Apparently someone that worked with her on the movie backed up the rumor and that a body double played the part where Flash lands on her. She didn't back down.

It wouldn't shock me. Whedon's own ex-wife said that his whole super progressive feminist persona is just an act and he leveraged his power over women in the industry frequently.

Like I said, the grievances are probably legitimate. It just feels like after Fisher playing ball about it for all this time, someone gave him the go ahead to take out the trash.

It wouldn't shock me. Whedon's own ex-wife said that his whole super progressive feminist persona is just an act and he leveraged his power over women in the industry frequently.

Like I said, the grievances are probably legitimate. It just feels like after Fisher playing ball about it for all this time, someone gave him the go ahead to take out the trash.

I almost mentioned the ex wife part because I heard that as well.

Also, Whedon's previous script for Wonder Woman was trash. I don't remember details about it but I do remember reading about it and it would've sucked.

Will DC ever get out of it's own way? Always something. Meh. I want to like them, but they keep letting me down.

Will DC ever get out of it's own way? Always something. Meh. I want to like them, but they keep letting me down.

It wasn't mentioned on here but the latest rumor is that Affleck resigned with them to do his movie. The rumor is that we're getting Keaton, Affleck and Patinson as Batmen.

It wasn't mentioned on here but the latest rumor is that Affleck resigned with them to do his movie. The rumor is that we're getting Keaton, Affleck and Patinson as Batmen.

Affleck wasn't terrible. I thought he did an ok job. I really like Keaton in the role the most. He just does Batman really well. Jmo tho.

I don't know what it's gonna take to fix DC, but I haven't really taken them seriously for a while now.

Affleck wasn't terrible. I thought he did an ok job. I really like Keaton in the role the most. He just does Batman really well. Jmo tho.

I don't know what it's gonna take to fix DC, but I haven't really taken them seriously for a while now.

Well I don't think they need "fixing". Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam and Birds of Prey were good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom