Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (2 Viewers)

Ledger was a great actor before playing Joker. I was actually excited for him as Joker from the get go and a lot of other folks were. Granted he exceeded our expectations.

I think Gadot is actually a better example. Everyone thought she was just terrible and she owned the role, completely. The thing is, she worked her butt off for it, Pattinson is on record refusing to do that.

I hope I’m wrong. I am often and never hesitate to find new recipes for my crow before I eat it.

To be fair, Pattinson has had a pretty terrible experience with the film press, going back to his early days in the Twilight movies, and then having his famous girlfriend/co-star cheat on him with a Hollywood director.

Since then, it seems like he’s kept the press at arms length. Arguably even trolling them at times.

I have no idea how much he’s worked out (and I don't think anyone has seen conclusive pics of his physique), but it seems like a lot of the “he’s not taking it seriously” backlash is based on one quote from a single interview (where he could have been misquoted, or simply given a flip response).

Again, I have no idea how much he’s worked out, what he will look like in this movie, or how good of a Batman he’ll be. However, after seeing him in a ton of movies post-Twilight, I feel confident saying that he has thoroughly committed to every role I’ve seen him in (and he’s certainly taken on some challenges).

I like the idea that Bruce going from himself to Batman is a transformative thing, and it's like he's a different person in the suit. You have to sell it well.

Never was really able to put my finger on it, but Keaton handled the Bruce Wayne persona well.

Lol I remember how shocked everyone was that Keaton was playing batman and it was generally assumed he would suck. He did an amazing job...loved hi Bruce Wayne

Pattison better have taken this seriously. I would bet my diminishing savings that this movie is a make it or break it role for him.

If he forks this up, his career is pretty much dead

Pattison better have taken this seriously. I would bet my diminishing savings that this movie is a make it or break it role for him.

If he forks this up, his career is pretty much dead

I don't know that I'd say it will be "make it or break it" for Pattinson. I think he's had a pretty nice career run recently.

He's carved out a pretty good niche for himself in smaller budget/more independent films over the years. I don't think that type of work would disappear over a DC movie. He was also just in "The Lighthouse", which had a ton of critics and fans saying he should have been nominated for an Oscar, and a prestige-type Netflix movie that's coming out soon.

Not to mention that if it wasn't for Covid, this Summer he'd have co-starred in the biggest movie of the year, Christopher Nolan's Tenet.

I'm not sure if he'll be a good Batman or not, but the guy has turned into a pretty good and versatile actor. I don't think he'll hurt for projects (especially since he doesn't really do many blockbusters anyway) regardless of how this turns out.

Isn't Pattinson in Tenet?

A little too grimdark for my taste. Don't know if I could watch four hours of that. I mean, I'm sure I will eventually, but still...

I agree. Never been a fan of the dark tones either, but the action looked decent enough. We'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom