Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (1 Viewer)

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting reads in the thread.

When are we opening to spoilers? Really looking forward to seeing all of you guys thoughts on the movie.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Because it was so damn good they couldn't believably trash it? Kinda like the Saints winning 6 in a row, and all the talking heads are like, Ok they're pretty good, but they're not THAT good, then they go into Buffalo and run for 300 yards and win 47-10, so what bad thing can you possibly say about that.

Do I think there's an outright "conspiracy", no. Do I think there's an unfair narrative being perpetuated because it's "hip" to hate on them. Yeah, I do. Even you've mentioned that JL feels like a 70% movie to you - opening night I read 6 reviews and all 6 were positive with caveats, but still overwhelmingly positive. Now people are acting like JL is one of the biggest disasters in cinematic history. These movies have flaws and certainly it is fair to point them out. Even WW wasn't totally perfect - it's the exaggerated critcisms that are annoying. I posted a link earlier to a Hollywood Reporter story that called it "tiresome" which resonated, at least with me. it's the same as that "Saints can't win on the road" stuff that we STILL hear, even though the last time the Saints were any good they won a road playoff game in the cold and gave the SB champs all they wanted at their house. It's just a mindless lazy default to a particular popular narrative.

YMMV though - I've never been Mr. Hardcore Comic Book guy so it's not sacrilege to me when one of these flicks comes up short of ideal.
The consistent narrative I'm seeing is JL is that it's much better than the other movies, with the exception of WW, but the CGI was weak and the large reshoots by different directors created an inconsistent tone. I see people calling it a financial disaster, which it is, but I honestly don't see critics calling it a disaster as a movie. Even the bad reviews I've seen come closer to 50/50 reviews.

Once again I think the critic scores reflect a lot of the view of the DCEU as a whole. It's fair criticism. The DCEU has not been well managed, the stories have been all over the place and the tone inconsistent, nearly every movie has been drama plagued and ultimately not very good. JL is the shrimp in a bad gumbo. Even though the shrimp tastes good and I like the crab (WW), if the rest sucks I'm not going to say the gumbo is good and the bad gumbo is going to effect my opinion of the shrimp.

An example of the reverse is Age of Apocalypse. The last few X-verse movies have been so good AoA got better reviews than it deserved. It was awful, but people tend to judge them as parts of a whole and FOX was coming off some darn good outings.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
HISHE put out a decent review, with some spoilers.

Are we at spoilers yet?

I Honestly don't care about hearing a few spoilers.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I really liked the movie. If you see the extended versions of DC movies they are all better than Marvel, IMHO.

WW had the advantage being female led and thus a new "genre"/aspect/perspective. I liked what Patty Jenkins did with WW, think she should get more opportunities.

Whomever does the editing down at DC needs fired, I will sit through a 3 hour movie if it is entertaining.

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really liked it. I don’t see where the critics were coming from on this one. I loved the scene where Flash was trying to flank Superman and he realizes that Superman is as fast as he is.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This movie has been out for a week now. I've seen it twice. I say it's time to drop the spoiler embargo.

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the spoiler embargo was taken off a couple of pages back. If not, I hereby declare the embargo off. Spoil away.

blackngoldmike

DTR
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay then, spoilers off and all.......it was good to see Superman handling biz and I still love his first interaction with the Flash. The look on Barry Allen's face when he's using the speed force moving fast and all, everyone isn't moving and then all of a sudden Superman starts turning his head towards the Flash and the look on his face is like, "oh crap, this dude is fast too"����

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I was not a fan of how they brought Supes back. Again, I know timing (or the lack thereof) contributed plenty, but damn. No Black outfit, no nothing? Come on.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
At the beginning, how did Batman know fear attracted parademons? How did he know anything about parademons?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom