Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (2 Viewers)

I missed it in the trailer, but saw it in one of the breakdowns, Aquaman avoids a huge axe being thrown at him while underwater. Speculation is that it was Steppenwolf attacking Atlantis.

Just a quick cool little spot.

Sad for Snyder, but should be good for us.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 95
Sad for Snyder, but should be good for us.

A young woman killing herself is good for nobody.

And anyway, principal photography is done. There's just some minor reshoots and they've already said Whedon is faithfully following what Snyder laid out with those. It will still be a Zack Snyder film.

So in the past couple of days, the news broke that Junkie XL was removed as composer for Justice League and that Danny Elfman, who Joss Whedon worked with on Avengers: Age of Ultron has been brought on replace him. Junkie XL released a statement that, while cordial, made it clear he was replaced and not leaving of his own volition.

I feel like this is telling. There are rumors floating around that Whedon may be shooting as much as 60+ pages of new scenes and heavily reworked scenes right now (that would be around half the movie using the formula of one page=one minute of screentime). Who knows if that's true, but like I said in another thread, about three weeks ago most of podcasters/writers I follow kind of had this subtle but noticeable shift from "Whedon is carrying out Snyder's vision" to "There's a very real chance this is a Joss Whedon movie now."

We'll see. But changing composers with no real stated reason (and to one that the new director has worked with before) certainly points in that direction.

So in the past couple of days, the news broke that Junkie XL was removed as composer for Justice League and that Danny Elfman, who Joss Whedon worked with on Avengers: Age of Ultron has been brought on replace him. Junkie XL released a statement that, while cordial, made it clear he was replaced and not leaving of his own volition.

I feel like this is telling. There are rumors floating around that Whedon may be shooting as much as 60+ pages of new scenes and heavily reworked scenes right now (that would be around half the movie using the formula of one page=one minute of screentime). Who knows if that's true, but like I said in another thread, about three weeks ago most of podcasters/writers I follow kind of had this subtle but noticeable shift from "Whedon is carrying out Snyder's vision" to "There's a very real chance this is a Joss Whedon movie now."

We'll see. But changing composers with no real stated reason (and to one that the new director has worked with before) certainly points in that direction.
Yep. I have no problem bring that it's Snyder, but the whole timing and all with his daughter's suicide is kind of ****ed up.

His daughter probably saw the first cut of the film and then...

Too soon?

Perhaps in twenty years they'll have a "Snyder Cut," a la the Donner cut for Superman II.

His daughter probably saw the first cut of the film and then...

Too soon?
Dude, that's not cool at all.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The reason for the director change is just awful in so many ways, and I feel for the man deeply.

However, if Whedon really does redo that much of it, it has a chance of becoming a good film now.

The reason for the director change is just awful in so many ways, and I feel for the man deeply.

However, if Whedon really does redo that much of it, it has a chance of becoming a good film now.
It just seems like a lot to do between now and November.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Here's my take on all of this from what we know to be fact, what the rumor mill has offered up, and some pure speculation on my part. I'm not remotely claiming this is what went down, just that with everything that is known this seems to be fairly close to the shape of things:

1. WB was committed to letting Snyder do Justice League, although they were very nervous about it after the reaction BvS and Suicide Squad got. They decide they'll let Snyder do this last film and then he will be done with the DCEU. Justice League goes from having a Pt 1 and Pt 2 (as was originally planned) to just being one initial movie.

2. WB may have been somewhat concerned about what they were seeing out of Justice League throughout the production. There have been whispers to that effect, but there were also whispers that Wonder Woman was a disaster and it turned out to be the crown jewel of the DCEU, so that's a huge *may* there.

3. On top of that, you have some issues with other properties that might be influencing things. Affleck bails on writing, directing, and starring in the Batman movie. That leads to rumors that he's going to leave the role early. The Flash movie has been very troubled, going through writers, directors, announced start dates and casting and then being effectively moved off the slate for the time being. WB said last week that their not putting anything else in production until they see how Justice League does (Aquaman is already filming, but it's the only movie currently in any kind of active production or development apparently).

4. Heavy retooling begins behind the scenes. Joss Whedon is brought in to write some new scenes, punch up some dialogue and characterization, etc. for eventual summer reshoots with Snyder still directing.

5. The tragic and unfortunate situation with Snyder's daughter happens. Warner Bros graciously (seriously, it's an almost unfathomable show of humanity for a movie studio.) offers to push back Justice League's release date so he can have time to grieve and then come back to finish the movie. Snyder tries to make a go of it, realizes that it isn't going to work and leaves the project in the hands of Whedon to do reshoots.

6. Six weeks of summer reshoots had been blocked out from the beginning, so this was always scheduled. However, just because six weeks is allotted doesn't mean it will be used. They were probably just allotted for standard pickup shooting. However, with Whedon having written many new scenes and rewritten others they opt to go the whole six weeks with some fairly changes to the film.

7. The surprise (apparently WB didn't expect it to hit like it did) success of Wonder Woman is a much needed boon to the DCEU critically and represents a path forward that most certainly isn't steeped in the aesthetic and philosophy of what Snyder had been doing. DC pretty much gives the reigns to Whedon to finish out the production as he sees fit (within reason, obviously).

As to that last point, I feel like this is the case due to the previously announced composer change. Junkie XL has a specific style that fits specific types of movies. The same is true of Danny Elfman. That's not a change you make for the hell of it. That's a change that indicates some serious shifts in tone and style.

As always, we'll see. I could be totally wrong. It's often really difficult to find out the truth of what's going on behind the scenes. We still don't know the full truth of what went down behind the scenes with Rogue One, for example. We may never know about this one, either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom