Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (1 Viewer)

As a big time Superman fan and having read the whole Death of Superman arc back in the day, this was my biggest complaint as well. Especially since I know they filmed him in the black suit. I guess with the reshoots and all, that part got nixed. Don't even get me started about the CGI moustache thing, although it didn't bug me as much seeing it the second time. Stupid Paramount execs for demanding he keep it. Ridiculous.

But back to the regeneration thing. How awesome would it have been to have him shoot out of the regeneration chamber in the black suit and then fight them as he did? That sequence with him shirtless just seemed like a "oh we need to show off his physique for the ladies in the audience" moment. The black suit would have been perfect for this moment when he was "a little off kilter" and would have paved the way for the return to the regular (brighter!) suit toward the end when he was back to normal. They really missed the boat on this part.

Was thinking the same thing about the black suit and how they missed the opportunity to use it.

From everything I read and saw, Whedon changed a whole lot more than what DC let on. Makes me wonder if things from Snyder was really that bad or if the WB just so frightened that just changed all the could to keep the release date the same.

From everything I read and saw, Whedon changed a whole lot more than what DC let on. Makes me wonder if things from Snyder was really that bad or if the WB just so frightened that just changed all the could to keep the release date the same.

This video from Nerdist tries to piece things together. Granted, it's mostly speculation, but if some of these things are true, Snyder learned nothing from the criticisms of BvS, and his JL could have been even worse than that mess.

https://nerdist.com/every-way-zack-snyders-justice-league-changed-nerdist-news/

Did I read somewhere that a full Snyder cut was done? Or am I imagining that? I wonder if we ever get a peek at that? I'm hoping that we'll get an extended edition when the DVD is released.

Did I read somewhere that a full Snyder cut was done? Or am I imagining that? I wonder if we ever get a peek at that? I'm hoping that we'll get an extended edition when the DVD is released.
Most I've read are people petitioning WB to release a Snyder cut.

I really liked it. I don’t see where the critics were coming from on this one. I loved the scene where Flash was trying to flank Superman and he realizes that Superman is as fast as he is.
Flash, Quicksilver, etc... What is it about the fast characters that bring the comedy gold?

At the beginning, how did Batman know fear attracted parademons? How did he know anything about parademons?
If I can say, that scene (him crouching on the gargoyle, etc.) was probably closer to coming book Batman than in BvS. Not necessarily in terms of action (the Martha rescue tops that easily), but in everything that is Batman's lore.
Flash, Quicksilver, etc... What is it about the fast characters that bring the comedy gold?
Which makes me want them to find a new director for the Flash movie as soon as possible.

Saw it today with my wife and adult son -- none of us are hard-core fans. We all really liked it. Even though it was a 1:15 show on a Monday, sad to say there were only two other people in the theatre.

I don't get it. Wife, daughter, and I went to see it. We all loved it. Why are the reviews so bad. I've been telling everyone I know to go see it. It's really good. I'm not into comic book canon so maybe I'm missing something, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

The one thing that irked me was the scene where the Flash ends up laying on Wonder Woman for a split second then moves. We get that she's beautiful but my goodness she's so much more than that but Whedon used her as a sex object way too many times. It was just cheap for no reason. That scene is a shining example of this.

The one thing that irked me was the scene where the Flash ends up laying on Wonder Woman for a split second then moves. We get that she's beautiful but my goodness she's so much more than that but Whedon used her as a sex object way too many times. It was just cheap for no reason. That scene is a shining example of this.

Whedon used a body double in that scene from what I've read. Gal Gadot wouldn't have appreciated that scene, and might not have done it at all if she had known about it, especially in light of recent events. She single-handedly got Brett Ratner and his RatPac Entertainment removed from Wonder Woman 2 by refusing to play the role unless he was no longer associated with it.

Whedon really has gone from loved to hated in stunning fashion, but that's what being a self righteous hypocritical jerk gets you.

It shows the Flash as being an awkward kid which in reality would be pretty realistic when touching WW in a possibly inappropriate way. The contact wasn't intentional or malicious, unlike Brett Ratner's been accused of.

I understand the current climate, but incidental contact of other men and women is still going to occur in life and is not illegal. He didn't grab her ****. He fell on her and couldn't exactly control where he landed in the heat of battle. Gadot seems to be a pretty reasonable person. I don't she why anyone would take issue with it.

Stop being so hypersensitive...

Quick witted.

ekQpV59.gif

It shows the Flash as being an awkward kid which in reality would be pretty realistic when touching WW in a possibly inappropriate way. The contact wasn't intentional or malicious, unlike Brett Ratner's been accused of.

I understand the current climate, but incidental contact of other men and women is still going to occur in life and is not illegal. He didn't grab her ****. He fell on her and couldn't exactly control where he landed in the heat of battle. Gadot seems to be a pretty reasonable person. I don't she why anyone would take issue with it.

If you can't see what is wrong with that scene then I guess there is no help for you. It is using the ONE female character in Justice League as a prop for a sexually themed gag. Why even have a scene like that in there in the first place? Do they have a scene where Flash accidentally touches one of the other members of the cast in such a way? No. That's because the director wanted to use a female for his sexual target.

You didn't realize Flash was awkward until that point in the movie? Yeah you did. Even still, he could have awkwardly landed on Aquaman to achieve the same thing. That didn't happen. Neither scene needed to happen because it wasn't about showing Flash being awkward, it was about putting Wonder Woman in a sexual position. It was, "oh by the way...don't forget that Gal Gadot is extremely hot!" Totally not necessary.

Like someone else said, why was Superman shirtless? Was it just to show off his chest to the ladies in the theatres? It certainly seemed like it. Seemed like they missed a golden opportunity, taking him out of his black suit after the resurrection. No one batted an eye at that comment or complained about "oversensitivity", but it's the same thing. It wasn't necessary. Someone called them on it and didn't get called "oversensitive" for doing so.

But back to the regeneration thing. How awesome would it have been to have him shoot out of the regeneration chamber in the black suit and then fight them as he did? That sequence with him shirtless just seemed like a "oh we need to show off his physique for the ladies in the audience" moment. The black suit would have been perfect for this moment when he was "a little off kilter" and would have paved the way for the return to the regular (brighter!) suit toward the end when he was back to normal. They really missed the boat on this part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom