Justice League trailer [Oh yeah, *spoilers*] (1 Viewer)

ekQpV59.gif

Well, when it's on a silver platter, you have to take it.

You didn't realize Flash was awkward until that point in the movie? Yeah you did. Even still, he could have awkwardly landed on Aquaman to achieve the same thing. That didn't happen. Neither scene needed to happen because it wasn't about showing Flash being awkward, it was about putting Wonder Woman in a sexual position. It was, "oh by the way...don't forget that Gal Gadot is extremely hot!" Totally not necessary.

Kinda like how every Thor movie has him without his shirt for one dehydrated scene?

Or how that girl "fell" on him in Thor 2.

It's a cheap gag that is used in various movies.

You didn't realize Flash was awkward until that point in the movie? Yeah you did. Even still, he could have awkwardly landed on Aquaman to achieve the same thing. That didn't happen. Neither scene needed to happen because it wasn't about showing Flash being awkward, it was about putting Wonder Woman in a sexual position. It was, "oh by the way...don't forget that Gal Gadot is extremely hot!" Totally not necessary.
Then people would complain about it being homophobic.

Hypersensitive.

Hypersensitive.

You seem to be using the word hypersensitive the same way right wingers say PC.

Are you saying we are being hypersensitive for the unnecessary use of Wonder Woman as a prop for a joke?

You seem to be using the word hypersensitive the same way right wingers say PC.

Are you saying we are being hypersensitive for the unnecessary use of Wonder Woman as a prop for a joke?
People in general seem to be going out of their way and one up each other in finding ways that women are objectified. They're actors. Actors make money by being objectified. My wife doesn't go to see Thor and Justice League unless she knows Hemsworth and Momoa are going to be shirtless. It's a punchline for McConaughey's entire career. Objectification is not limited to women and humans in a large part enjoy seeing beautiful people walk, talk, act, sing, etc.

It's good to be sensitive to the issue of women being assaulted and objectified, but at some point you draw the line to what is acceptable and not acceptable behavior. My use of the word hypersensitive is pointing out that I feel that line has now been crossed.

Like someone else said, why was Superman shirtless? Was it just to show off his chest to the ladies in the theatres? It certainly seemed like it. Seemed like they missed a golden opportunity, taking him out of his black suit after the resurrection. No one batted an eye at that comment or complained about "oversensitivity", but it's the same thing. It wasn't necessary. Someone called them on it and didn't get called "oversensitive" for doing so.
I didn't say anything because the idea of a black suit is dumb. He was buried as Clark Kent. Why would he be wearing a black Superman suit? It makes more sense that he's wearing an actual suit and of course such a garment isn't going to hold up to Superman blowing through the roof of a ship, hence Superman is shirtless the way that Flash fell on WW because they're fighting in close quarters, the serious moment needs some levity and gravity exists in this fantasy world on the movie screen.

Now you may ask "Why didn't his pants come off as well?". Obviously showing his penis would prevent the PG rating that the studio is going for. This is where the line that is drawn between "realism" and "remember we're making a money to make money here" and conversation has taken a turn from the actual movie and something that's just dumb. It's turned into people tripping over the other to show how sensitive they are to the plight of women being objectified and assaulted or being hypersensitive.

My daughter, who I consider to be feminist, had no issue with the Flash on Wonder Woman joke. She thought it was funny. At no time did she ever think that this was sexist or objectifying of Wonder Woman. She thought it was one of the funny parts of the movie.

Who else makes that funny? Cyborg? Aquaman? I'll give you that Batman could be funny as long as you are playing up the grumpy Batman. Otherwise, Wonder Woman is the only one that works.

Had he lingered on top of her and tried some cheesy pickup line, then you may have something. As it was, he fell on her, and immediately popped up embarrassed. In my opinion, nothing to see here. I agree with MLU that there is a tendency to try and find something to be offended by these days.

I'm pretty sure Rush Limbaugh waned us years ago that PC culture was going to lead to these types of arguments.

Actors and actresses are often over sexualized. Especially in hero/action movies.

No one wants to watch Billy Bob Thornton and Kathy Griffin as superheroes.

Stop being so hypersensitive...

I get it. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if not for watching a female reviewer take issue with the following points:

- All the butt shots from below when she's wearing tight leather pants
- butt shots when she's slo mo fighting guys in the museum
- when Aquaman sits on the lasso of Hestia (truth) and praises everyone on the team but focuses on his physical attraction to WW...

it all seems like a step backward from where we were with Wonder Woman earlier in the year.

I get it. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if not for watching a female reviewer take issue with the following points:

- All the butt shots from below when she's wearing tight leather pants
- butt shots when she's slo mo fighting guys in the museum
- when Aquaman sits on the lasso of Hestia (truth) and praises everyone on the team but focuses on his physical attraction to WW...

it all seems like a step backward from where we were with Wonder Woman earlier in the year.
I wonder how many times I could find butt shots of the male cast members if I cared enough to count? Unfortunately I'm too busy trying to enjoy the movie to care.

Comic characters are always over sexualized.

Comics, Movies and Video Games.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-vI5tdORhC0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/obAd0zAFMTI" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom