NFL Draft Justin Fields Pro Day Video 🔥🔥🔥 (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Yeah he can run a 4.44 40 but he’s a damn good passer! Please let him fall past Carolina and let us trade up 🙏🏽

Whatever concerns anyone has about him I know he will overcome that. He’s a dedicated worker and will be prepared for anything defenses throw at him.

One guy said in another thread that the 49ers want to pick Mac Jones 😂

Let’s hope that happens and Carolina goes for Trey Lance, and Atlanta passes on a QB.

Justin Fields with Sean Payton would be a quick strike combo!

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If he goes to SF at 3 he's going to be great under Shanahan.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
After running a 4.4, this all becomes moot. He's not getting close to 28.

I'm personally leery after the Haskins debacle. Fields looked really good at times and really bad at times.

He reminds me of Duante Culpepper physically.

Nearly identical physical numbers.

Culpepper was also 6'4 255lbs and ran a 4.52 40

533e8b4ac1565b4b22827d37653bc211.jpg

But like Culpepper his long-strides limits his shiftiness and he doesn't have the quickest release, best touch, or ball-placement.

Solid prospect overall but I expect his career to be similar.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
Actually Fields was only about 230 but the height, hand size, arm strength, play style and speed is nearly identical to Culpepper
otherwise.

Reaction score
I’ve made this prediction in the past, and I’m sticking to it.

Justin Fields is going to be a BUST.

Despite all of his ability, I just don’t believe he has “it” to be a great QB in the NFL.
He’s one of the only top qb prospects that has proven to make advanced QB reads. Add in his ridiculous athletic ability and it’s hard to accurately say he will be anything close to a bust.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
He’s one of the only top qb prospects that has proven to make advanced QB reads. Add in his ridiculous athletic ability and it’s hard to accurately say he will be anything close to a bust.

He won't bust but he won't regale anyone with Drew Brees like ball placement and super-fast dropback/footwork either.

His ceiling might be Dak Presscot but I think his floor might be Duante Culpepper.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He won't bust but he won't regale anyone with Drew Brees like ball placement and super-fast dropback/footwork either.

His ceiling might be Dak Presscot but I think his floor might be Duante Culpepper.
That's not a bad floor. I don't remember if it was injuries or new coaches that led Daunte to leave Minnie. I'm curious who is your ideal QB prototype (excluding Brees)?

OP
saintmike23

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not even Tom Brady has as good of accuracy as Brees. I really think that if Fields studied Brees and practiced as hard he could have similar accuracy. He HAS the mechanics. No one talks bad about his mechanics. I’ve read a lot about him and he’s consciously made so many improvements to his game.

I have no doubt about Fields’ dedication and pursuit of perfection. He doesn’t just glide on his abilities, he’s always looking to improve.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score
That's not a bad floor. I don't remember if it was injuries or new coaches that led Daunte to leave Minnie. I'm curious who is your ideal QB prototype (excluding Brees)?
Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

The kid at Clemson, DJ Uiagalelei, might take that spot in a couple of years though.

He has the ability to be better than both.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Not even Tom Brady has as good of accuracy as Brees. I really think that if Fields studied Brees and practiced as hard he could have similar accuracy. He HAS the mechanics. No one talks bad about his mechanics. I’ve read a lot about him and he’s consciously made so many improvements to his game.

I have no doubt about Fields’ dedication and pursuit of perfection. He doesn’t just glide on his abilities, he’s always looking to improve.
Dan Orlovsky raised concerns about his mechanics and his dedication/pursuit of perfection in that video that harschman posted on the previous page of this thread.

Not saying you are wrong and he is right, but it’s inaccurate to say that nobody is questioning his mechanics and dedication.

NOFALCONS10

Reaction score

With a little effort on his part he might become a similar player to Warren Moon.

His height and weight Is more similar to Moon but his athleticism is similar to Culpepper.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky raised concerns about his mechanics and his dedication/pursuit of perfection in that video that harschman posted on the previous page of this thread.

Not saying you are wrong and he is right, but it’s inaccurate to say that nobody is questioning his mechanics and dedication.
I saw the video and I don't know if it's true or not? The guy has been consistently ranked as the #2 QB behind Lawrence since high school and beat him head to head in January. I just feel like no one is perfect in this draft but he seems to be suffering from the post-season critiques more than of the other guys. I don't know if it's related to the Haskins thing and the poor track record of OSU QBs or what.

OP
saintmike23

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Just watched it. That is the worst video I watched all off season! Orlovsky doesn’t sound convinced of his own words.

10:55 Accuracy on a slot fade

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched it. That is the worst video I watched all off season! Orlovsky doesn’t sound convinced of his own words.

10:55 Accuracy on a slot fade

I like that slot play where everyone looks confused but the o-line. I can't believe the WR dropped it.

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Add 0.5 to that time. OSU has a notoriously fast track. But yeah he’s a good athlete. But he was inconsistent as a passer and I think most of the people that love him only saw the Clemson game.
You think he's a 4.9 guy? HAHAHAHAHA

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t really see much of a gap between those two guys. One could make a good argument that you should reverse the order. Culpepper’s career didn’t end well, but he’s the owner of one of the greatest statistical seasons for a QB of all time (considering the era he played in).

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

The kid at Clemson, DJ Uiagalelei, might take that spot in a couple of years though.

He has the ability to be better than both.

DJ is a dang STUD!!!
He is without question the crown jewel of next year’s draft!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom