NFL Draft Justin Fields Pro Day Video šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„ (2 Viewers)

There was no doubt Fields was going to look great at his pro day. The guy is a real life created Madden player. Good size, great speed, big arm, completed 70% of his passes in college, etc. The guy has it all. He can do it all. He can make all the throws and he'll be one of the top 3 or 4 fastest QBs in the league from day 1.

But there's just something about him. I can't put my finger on it. I don't know if he's going to be able to put it all together. And it's weird because I think he's a better prospect than most of the QBs we've seen come into the league lately. Tua for instance. I think Fields is a better prospect. Jordan Love, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, etc. To me Fields is a much better prospect than those guys were. Hell I think Fields is a better prospect than Lamar Jackson was coming out of college.
It depends where he goes and who is the OC & QB coaches are. The chargers did a heck of a job prepping Herbert (Pip Hamilton was his QB coach) last year.

Iā€™m dubious. Everybody is hyping up the 5 QBs this year, but everybody also knows what is the likely result: 1 will be great. 1 will be ok. And the other 3 will be disappointments. Justin Fields is the one coming out of the program that has a rich 60 year history of sending disappointing QBs into the NFL. Buyer beware.

Iā€™m dubious. Everybody is hyping up the 5 QBs this year, but everybody also knows what is the likely result: 1 will be great. 1 will be ok. And the other 3 will be disappointments. Justin Fields is the one coming out of the program that has a rich 60 year history of sending disappointing QBs into the NFL. Buyer beware.
5 QBs...?

This is a 2 QB class. Fields and Lawrence. The rest is just hype.

Everyone is knocking him for two games this year but the guy is a 3-year starter. Consider his 3 years vs. Wilson.
Fields.

SEASON​
TEAMG
ATT​
CMP​
PCT​
YDS​
TD​
INT​
RATING​
PASSING STATS
2018​
Georgia​
12​
39​
27​
69.2​
328​
4​
0​
173.7​
2019​
Ohio St.​
14​
354​
238​
67.2​
3273​
41​
3​
181.4​
2020​
Ohio St.​
8​
225​
158​
70.2​
2100​
22​
6​
175.6​
Wilson

SEASON​
TEAMG
ATT​
CMP​
PCT​
YDS​
TD​
INT​
RATING​
2018​
BYU​
9​
182​
120​
65.9​
1578​
12​
3​
157.2​
2019​
BYU​
9​
319​
199​
62.4​
2382​
11​
9​
130.8​
2020​
BYU​
12​
336​
247​
73.5​
3692​
33​
3​
196.4​

It depends where he goes and who is the OC & QB coaches are. The chargers did a heck of a job prepping Herbert (Pip Hamilton was his QB coach) last year.

This is such a great point. So much depends on where these guys land. In the right situation Fields could be a Pro Bowler. Or he could end up in a mess like Sam Darnold landed in and things will be much different. Lamar Jackson is a good example. If he doesn't land in Baltimore with Greg Roman then who knows what kind of player he'd be right now. Roman built the offense around the player instead of trying to change the player to better fit the scheme.

Iā€™ve made this prediction in the past, and Iā€™m sticking to it.

Justin Fields is going to be a BUST.

Despite all of his ability, I just donā€™t believe he has ā€œitā€ to be a great QB in the NFL.

weā€™ll know for sure if heā€™s sobbing on draft day

same...very leery from the past projects...

off the top....present to past......Haskins, Pryor, Jones , Miller, Barrett ...can go back to Troy Smith, Krenzel, Hoying....

his skillset is similar to the guys listed above which makes sense for the ohio state program.
Its not fair to lump fields in that group. He is a better prospect than all of those guys. All of those guys weren't even real QB prospects, except for haskins.

Its like saying burrow wont make it bc mettenberger, mauck, and flynn didn't do anything in the nfl.

After running a 4.4, this all becomes moot. He's not getting close to 28.

I'm personally leery after the Haskins debacle. Fields looked really good at times and really bad at times.
He never was getting close to 28.

Its not fair to lump fields in that group. He is a better prospect than all of those guys. All of those guys weren't even real QB prospects, except for haskins.

Its like saying burrow wont make it bc mettenberger, mauck, and flynn didn't do anything in the nfl.

Burrow was light years ahead of anything lsu ever had at qb and demolished the ncaa. He separated himself from earth.

Fields Is not too far ahead of the guys i mentioned. He fits right in there with them.

He ran a 4.4 tho which was faster than Burrow so i give him that only.

Burrow was light years ahead of anything lsu ever had at qb and demolished the ncaa. He separated himself from earth.

Fields Is not too far ahead of the guys i mentioned. He fits right in there with them.

He ran a 4.4 tho which was faster than Burrow so i give him that only.
Haha BY NO MEANS am I saying fields is as good as burrow.

i was just making a point that it isnt fair to say he won't make it bc other ohio state QBs did not. I watch 75% of ohio state games. Fields is the best nfl prospect at QB to ever come out of there.

haskins is the only other ohio state QB to be highly touted going into the league. Don't let haskins lack of work ethic bring down your view on fields.

I agree. On a different note, I will go on record and say that Fields will be a good pro QB.

As a master of fact, I'm not sold on Lawrence either... the best pro of this class will probably end up being someone like Trask.

If there are only two then Fields is on the outside looking in.
Wrong.

It's Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are the most complete prospects at QB and its not even a question.

My favorite prospect of the 5 is Trey Lance too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom