NFL Draft Justin Fields Pro Day Video 🔥🔥🔥 (1 Viewer)

Wrong.

It's Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are the most complete prospects at QB and its not even a question.

My favorite prospect of the 5 is Trey Lance too.
I take it because they are the only 2 who check the size/athletic/competition boxes.

If he goes to SF at 3 he's going to be great under Shanahan.

After running a 4.4, this all becomes moot. He's not getting close to 28.

I'm personally leery after the Haskins debacle. Fields looked really good at times and really bad at times.

He reminds me of Duante Culpepper physically.

Nearly identical physical numbers.

Culpepper was also 6'4 255lbs and ran a 4.52 40

533e8b4ac1565b4b22827d37653bc211.jpg

But like Culpepper his long-strides limits his shiftiness and he doesn't have the quickest release, best touch, or ball-placement.

Solid prospect overall but I expect his career to be similar.

Actually Fields was only about 230 but the height, hand size, arm strength, play style and speed is nearly identical to Culpepper
otherwise.

I’ve made this prediction in the past, and I’m sticking to it.

Justin Fields is going to be a BUST.

Despite all of his ability, I just don’t believe he has “it” to be a great QB in the NFL.
He’s one of the only top qb prospects that has proven to make advanced QB reads. Add in his ridiculous athletic ability and it’s hard to accurately say he will be anything close to a bust.

He’s one of the only top qb prospects that has proven to make advanced QB reads. Add in his ridiculous athletic ability and it’s hard to accurately say he will be anything close to a bust.

He won't bust but he won't regale anyone with Drew Brees like ball placement and super-fast dropback/footwork either.

His ceiling might be Dak Presscot but I think his floor might be Duante Culpepper.

He won't bust but he won't regale anyone with Drew Brees like ball placement and super-fast dropback/footwork either.

His ceiling might be Dak Presscot but I think his floor might be Duante Culpepper.
That's not a bad floor. I don't remember if it was injuries or new coaches that led Daunte to leave Minnie. I'm curious who is your ideal QB prototype (excluding Brees)?

Not even Tom Brady has as good of accuracy as Brees. I really think that if Fields studied Brees and practiced as hard he could have similar accuracy. He HAS the mechanics. No one talks bad about his mechanics. I’ve read a lot about him and he’s consciously made so many improvements to his game.

I have no doubt about Fields’ dedication and pursuit of perfection. He doesn’t just glide on his abilities, he’s always looking to improve.

That's not a bad floor. I don't remember if it was injuries or new coaches that led Daunte to leave Minnie. I'm curious who is your ideal QB prototype (excluding Brees)?

Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

The kid at Clemson, DJ Uiagalelei, might take that spot in a couple of years though.

He has the ability to be better than both.

Not even Tom Brady has as good of accuracy as Brees. I really think that if Fields studied Brees and practiced as hard he could have similar accuracy. He HAS the mechanics. No one talks bad about his mechanics. I’ve read a lot about him and he’s consciously made so many improvements to his game.

I have no doubt about Fields’ dedication and pursuit of perfection. He doesn’t just glide on his abilities, he’s always looking to improve.

Dan Orlovsky raised concerns about his mechanics and his dedication/pursuit of perfection in that video that harschman posted on the previous page of this thread.

Not saying you are wrong and he is right, but it’s inaccurate to say that nobody is questioning his mechanics and dedication.

With a little effort on his part he might become a similar player to Warren Moon.

His height and weight Is more similar to Moon but his athleticism is similar to Culpepper.

Dan Orlovsky raised concerns about his mechanics and his dedication/pursuit of perfection in that video that harschman posted on the previous page of this thread.

Not saying you are wrong and he is right, but it’s inaccurate to say that nobody is questioning his mechanics and dedication.
I saw the video and I don't know if it's true or not? The guy has been consistently ranked as the #2 QB behind Lawrence since high school and beat him head to head in January. I just feel like no one is perfect in this draft but he seems to be suffering from the post-season critiques more than of the other guys. I don't know if it's related to the Haskins thing and the poor track record of OSU QBs or what.

Just watched it. That is the worst video I watched all off season! Orlovsky doesn’t sound convinced of his own words.

10:55 Accuracy on a slot fade

Just watched it. That is the worst video I watched all off season! Orlovsky doesn’t sound convinced of his own words.

10:55 Accuracy on a slot fade

I like that slot play where everyone looks confused but the o-line. I can't believe the WR dropped it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom