NFL Draft Justin Fields Pro Day Video 🔥🔥🔥 (1 Viewer)

Add 0.5 to that time. OSU has a notoriously fast track. But yeah he’s a good athlete. But he was inconsistent as a passer and I think most of the people that love him only saw the Clemson game.
You think he's a 4.9 guy? HAHAHAHAHA

His ceiling might be Dak Presscot but I think his floor might be Duante Culpepper.
I don’t really see much of a gap between those two guys. One could make a good argument that you should reverse the order. Culpepper’s career didn’t end well, but he’s the owner of one of the greatest statistical seasons for a QB of all time (considering the era he played in).

There was no doubt Fields was going to look great at his pro day. The guy is a real life created Madden player. Good size, great speed, big arm, completed 70% of his passes in college, etc. The guy has it all. He can do it all. He can make all the throws and he'll be one of the top 3 or 4 fastest QBs in the league from day 1.

But there's just something about him. I can't put my finger on it. I don't know if he's going to be able to put it all together. And it's weird because I think he's a better prospect than most of the QBs we've seen come into the league lately. Tua for instance. I think Fields is a better prospect. Jordan Love, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, etc. To me Fields is a much better prospect than those guys were. Hell I think Fields is a better prospect than Lamar Jackson was coming out of college.
Yeah. I can't really call it either, but there is just something that doesn't have me that hard in on him, even with his comp % and TD/INT ratio. This is a wait and see when he gets to the NFL. BUT...he does throw as crisp of a ball as I have seen of late. He has good anticipation of his placement, too.

I take it because they are the only 2 who check the size/athletic/competition boxes.
Most people have a hard time conceptualizing that 95% of drafted QBs are bust.

It's why I'll always respect @NOFALCONS10 for stanning a dude than some people claiming everyone is gonna be a bust. That's an easy call.

The Qb that nobody expects anything from will do the best....someone who has the most knocks on them. He’s not this or that usually ends up better than the top Qb picks. So probably Trask will end up being the best the best Qb out of this class. Lawrence and Fields will probably crumble under all the pressure while Trask is just chilling and learning with no expectations to save a whole franchise.

Last edited:
Especially when his HC is on record saying Fields was instructed to make one read and then run...
That's a valid position when you have those weapons and your QB is 6"3 and 230 with 4.4 speed. Unfortunately, it plays into a certain narrative about football IQ.

The Qb that nobody expects anything from will do the best....someone who has the most knocks on them. He’s not this or that usually ends up better than the top Qb picks. So probably Trask will end up being the best the best Qb out of this class. Lawrence and Fields will probably crumble under all the pressure while Trask is just chilling and learning with no expectations to save a whole franchise.
This is an interesting take. Why would guys who have to deal with the pressure of being the starting QBs a two of the nation's biggest programs crumble under NFL pressure? If anything it may be the opposite, can Trask, Lance or Wilson handle pressure. I personally think Wentz couldn't handle the pressure of Philly despite his physical tools. Nevertheless, I think it's about where you land and who your coaches are. That's why Niners opening is probably the most attractive.

same...very leery from the past projects...

off the top....present to past......Haskins, Pryor, Jones , Miller, Barrett ...can go back to Troy Smith, Krenzel, Hoying....

his skillset is similar to the guys listed above which makes sense for the ohio state program.

I can understand the hesitation, but don't fall into the trap of looking at the program and not the individual athlete. Let me make it known that I am Buckeye through and through, but I refuse to just hype up a player because his jersey and mine match. I believe Fields is a much better QB than everyone you listed, but like many that have come before him, he needs to be put in the right situation for him to flourish. I don't believe he has the talent or the will to overcome a team with too many flaws and starts consistently losing. Pryor and Braxton Miller had the more similar skillset eventhough they lacked the accuracy. J.T. Barrett seems the more fitting comparison to me eventhough he lacked the running ability and elusiveness. One of the biggest issues many of the Ohio State and other QBs from the top programs have, is at the next level nothing is handed to you and most times you will not have superior talent at every position across the field. Losing, fan and media criticism, and constantly being challenged which is foreign to many of them will become their new reality and it takes a special individual to overcome that. For me, that is what I think about when I hear the term "IT FACTOR".

Are you talking about Tom Brady? That's the beauty of watching players transition from college to the pros, you just really never know. We have come up with these labels of "a bust" or "diamond in the rough", but sometimes it is just a crap shoot. A player's success or failure is not always the best predictor of their future. That is my little nugget of wisdom for the day, but I believe the more picks you have, the better chance of finding some real NFL players regardless of the round!! (In Loomis I Trust!!!)

same...very leery from the past projects...

off the top....present to past......Haskins, Pryor, Jones , Miller, Barrett ...can go back to Troy Smith, Krenzel, Hoying....

his skillset is similar to the guys listed above which makes sense for the ohio state program.
I really don't understand how anyone can generalized a QB simply because the QB before him. It's almost like trying to discredit Joe Burrow because JaMarcus Russell went there.

It has zero connection. On top of that... The offense system is different for Fields than any of them other QBs.

Are you talking about Tom Brady? That's the beauty of watching players transition from college to the pros, you just really never know. We have come up with these labels of "a bust" or "diamond in the rough", but sometimes it is just a crap shoot. A player's success or failure is not always the best predictor of their future. That is my little nugget of wisdom for the day, but I believe the more picks you have, the better chance of finding some real NFL players regardless of the round!! (In Loomis I Trust!!!)

Russell Wilson, Brees, Brady, Dak....I know there’s more but that’s off the top of my head. But when you aren’t pressured like the number one overall pick or just a high draft pick Ithink you can relax and learn without massive pressure. You just have to have the drive and of course the talent.

This applies to real life jobs also. Come in and learn the ropes for a year or two without having to know everything possible after a short time period. Hell Mahomes didn’t even start his first season. In general it’s easier to learn and be better that way than just being thrown in the fire.

EDIT: Obviously there’s a lot that plays into it like coaching and having the talent or mental toughness and drive. It’s hard to say though. I’m just applying it to the real world. But then you have a Peyton Manning, Watson....it just depends I guess.

Last edited:
DJ is a dang STUD!!!
He is without question the crown jewel of next year’s draft!
Not saying he won't be a stud but lets wait until he plays against some better teams than in that video. I mean Notre Dame, Boston College, and Citdel aren't exactly quality opponents.

Not saying he won't be a stud but lets wait until he plays against some better teams than in that video. I mean Notre Dame, Boston College, and Citdel aren't exactly quality opponents.
Outside of their first game against Georgia, we will have to wait until the playoffs to see good competition. By that time he will most likely cement himself as the #1 overall pick. Who knows though???? I’ve been following this guy since high school. Crazy talented

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom