Justin Jefferson info (1 Viewer)

I can actually see Brady thinking that Jefferson is that same type of player with the same potential. Dude catches everything. Jefferson is coming out of college getting WAY more love than Thomas did. Now saying ANY college player's game will translate not only to the pros, but to becoming as good as the best in the game is unrealistic. But it's not unrealistic to say he has traits, production, and potential to become something like that.

Jefferson may learn to break off crisp routes like Mike, but no way he can learn those football instincts, hands, and 6'3" height.

??? Ruggs has been rated higher than Jefferson by just about everyone. Actually the only people I’ve seen who claim that Jefferson is better than Ruggs as a prospect are LSU fans.

Here we go again. :hihi:

I rate Jefferson higher because I think he's a better football player than Ruggs, not because of where either went to school. All the teams that pass on Jefferson will regret it. He was a big factor in LSU having the best WR group in college.

I would take him if he fell to us at 24, I would not trade up for him though.

He wasn't even the best WR at LSU last season

The big question I have for JJ is his catch radius and adjustments on the fly. His tape is him catching a lot of perfectly placed dimes.

The big question I have for JJ is his catch radius and adjustments on the fly. His tape is him catching a lot of perfectly placed dimes.

While they are indeed perfectly placed dimes, he was also running perfect routes. He is a legit receiver, i would be glad if we end up with him!

It's crystal clear that this inside info is coming from JJ's family. Top to bottom. Some may be true. Probably most not.

You should watch more game tape then. His strengths lie in adjusting and contested catches. The 3rd and 17 to seal the win vs Texas was minimal separation, ball thrown slightly behind his center and quick acceleration to out run some very fast players in the Texas secondary. That's just 1 one of dozens.

You should watch more game tape then. His strengths lie in adjusting and contested catches. The 3rd and 17 to seal the win vs Texas was minimal separation, ball thrown slightly behind his center and quick acceleration to out run some very fast players in the Texas secondary. That's just 1 one of dozens.
Right? That touchdown catch vs Texas was a thing of beauty. Great throw by Joe and great catch by Justin

I'd be very disappointed if we traded up for a wide receiver, considering this is one of the most WR rich drafts in recent memory.

I’ve seen this sentiment a lot, and I get it, but when you say “WR rich,” I think there are 3 or 4 guys who can become Michael Thomas, Deandre Hopkins, etc., and 20 guys who can be Tre’quan Smith. Which is fine. Receivers 3-6 on your depth chart are important. But if the team believes (like I do) that JJ is a perfect fit for us, has the potential to be a star, and values him coming in knowing the offense in a truncated offseason, I don’t have any problem jumping Philly to get him if he’s there in the late teens. And I know we signed Sanders, and that’s great, but it’s a 2-year deal for a 30+ year old receiver. And as a famous coach once said, the only thing better than a crawfish dinner is five crawfish dinners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom