Justin Jefferson info (1 Viewer)

I'd be very disappointed if we traded up for a wide receiver, considering this is one of the most WR rich drafts in recent memory.

Joe Brady has seen Michael Thomas in person. He's seen Justin Jefferson in person. There is no way Joe Brady actually believes this. All due respect to Justin Jefferson but CGM is the best WR in the NFL. If Joe Brady is really saying this then it has to be smoke screen.
He's certainly welcome to think Justin Jefferson's ceiling is higher. He's a better athlete. But we all know it takes more than that to be the best WR in the game.

Joe Brady has seen Michael Thomas in person. He's seen Justin Jefferson in person. There is no way Joe Brady actually believes this. All due respect to Justin Jefferson but CGM is the best WR in the NFL. If Joe Brady is really saying this then it has to be smoke screen.

I can actually see Brady thinking that Jefferson is that same type of player with the same potential. Dude catches everything. Jefferson is coming out of college getting WAY more love than Thomas did. Now saying ANY college player's game will translate not only to the pros, but to becoming as good as the best in the game is unrealistic. But it's not unrealistic to say he has traits, production, and potential to become something like that.

Although this thread has a lot speculative rumors, I would not be surprised to see Jefferson go that high (top 15) on Draft night.

Peter King was on a PFF podcast recently and said quite a GMs have Jefferson ahead of Ruggs as their #3 receiver on the board, and believe he will be a more complete receiver. (I'm just guessing these teams are Vegas; *Mayock loves big school guys LSU, Bama, Clemson, Broncos, and Eagles as well seem to love him)

Last edited:
It wouldn’t surprise me if all four of the WRs go top 15. I think the drafts are pegged positional need more than BPA. I honestly don’t see how there could be 7 teams stupid enough to pass on Jeudy...he’s the best receiver I’ve graded in a long time.

Or he is on crack? I say he is on crack and allowing his one year success as a side kick coach, go to his head.

The constant use of initials on this thread is killing me.

I will not question that someone in the Jefferson family said what was reported in the original post. But I think some of the statements attributed to persons in the NFL are nonsense. I do not believe that the Saints have Jefferson rated ahead of Burrow or as the top receiver in the draft, or that there is a real possibility Carolina picks Jefferson.

I would not be surprised if Jefferson is picked in the high teens, though I would not be surprised if he goes in the early to mid 20s. And in my opinion, the probability is high that Ruggs goes before Jefferson.

Last edited:
This is the first time I have seen someone rate Riggs higher than Jefferson this late in the draft season, but it wouldn't surprise me if it fell that way. People draft players for all kinds of dumb reasons. It wouldn't be the first time that a team fell in love with a low 40 time or a howitzer arm and drafted a player.

The Peter King reference is the first time I have seen any report showing Jefferson being picked ahead of Ruggs.

I just looked at the last four mock drafts on nfl.com and the last three on the CBS Sports website. Ruggs was picked at 15, 13, 13, 13, 15, 11 and 13. Jefferson was picked at 22, 15, 22, 22, 22, 21 and 21.

Last edited:
This is the first time I have seen someone rate Riggs higher than Jefferson this late in the draft season, but it wouldn't surprise me if it fell that way. People draft players for all kinds of dumb reasons. It wouldn't be the first time that a team fell in love with a low 40 time or a howitzer arm and drafted a player.

??? Ruggs has been rated higher than Jefferson by just about everyone. Actually the only people I’ve seen who claim that Jefferson is better than Ruggs as a prospect are LSU fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom