Justin Zimmer - Signed to PS (1 Viewer)

Because the transition from Ferris State to the NFL is a pretty huge swing and he likely needs a lot of coaching and isn't NFL ready?

Just a guess...

Is he going to get the right coaching with our staff of assistants?

I know it's all the rage to make like none of our coaches are worthy of selling beer in the Dome, but damn it seems our fan base wants to throw in the towel on the whole franchise. I don't mean to call you out personally, it's just ... well, damn.

25nfl.1.600.jpg

But seriously. Hope he turns out to be a beast.

Bill Johnson has an undeserved amount of disrespect among this fan base. He won the Super Bowl with Smith, Hargrove, McCray and Ayodele as the main starting front four (Charles Grant was pretty useless that season). A first round pick and a bunch of cast offs. He's gotten the best out of the line this year as well and that's after losing Rankins for the first half of the season.

I really don't understand the hatred of this man. He's gotten the best out of UDFA's and middle round picks for years and finally has three studs on the line in Jordan, Fairley and Rankins (all first rounders who he's kept motivated) and has done well with Onyemata, Davison, (young - middle round picks) Tapp, Kruger, (pretty much past their prime players who are playing better than expected) etc. He also turned Galette into a monster out of an undraftable FA. It isn't his fault Galette turned into the idiot he did.

Yes, I think he'll get the right coaching out of our defensive line coaches.

I could see this FO letting Fairley walk cause we think this guy could replace him.

If they thought that highly of him, he would not have been on the streets in week 14 of the NFL season.

I hope they get him to lose a bout 10 or 15 pounds and put him at DE.

I hope they get him to lose a bout 10 or 15 pounds and put him at DE.

More the merrier as long as they don't consider it a filled position and not address it come FA then the draft after. We need another young stud at the DE position, then this team will instantly be 3 wins better.

If the coaches decide that DE is the place for him, I will be looking forward to seeing Zimmer and Armstead-- two remarkably athletic big men-- facing off in practice.

Just think his scores put him higher than Onyemata and lower than Cam.

Are we not stacked with young quality depth now? Think about all these non-starting rookies.

Justin Zimmer
Avery Young
Jack Allen
Landon Turner
Ken Crawley
Jordan Williams-Lambert
Travis Feeney
Jake Lampman
Tommylee Lewis
Devante Harris

We haven't had quality depth in a long time. But I think this 7-9 stuff is soon to be over - for a long, long time.

I think he will be a nice addition to the DT rotation, keeping Fairely, Rankins, Oneyamata and Davison fresh. You can never have too much depth. He could also sub in the DE rotation, keeping them fresh.

Are we not stacked with young quality depth now? Think about all these non-starting rookies.

Justin Zimmer
Avery Young
Jack Allen
Landon Turner
Ken Crawley
Jordan Williams-Lambert
Travis Feeney
Jake Lampman
Tommylee Lewis
Devante Harris

We haven't had quality depth in a long time. But I think this 7-9 stuff is soon to be over - for a long, long time.
I forgot about Lambert. That guy has the physical tools, his build looked to be similar to Dez Bryant. Hopefully that one turns out, if nothing else for ST.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

NOFalcons will love this. He believes Justin Zimmer will be the perfect backup for DE Cameron Jordan. I like this pickup. Plus they grabbed LB Travis Feeney. Special teams will have some speed next year.

This is an awesome, quality pickup.

This kid can play end and will develop. I compared him to Justin Smith. Short Arms but great production and athleticism.
:worthy::worthy:

Stoked.:worthy::9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom