Kaden Elliss has emerged after waiting for opportunity with New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin

1669445996858.png
Photo Credit - Michael C. Hebert - New Orleans Saints

By John Deshazier - Senior Writer - New Orleans Saints

Based on the smile perpetually gracing Kaden Elliss' face, you'd never know a wisp of frustration may have visited the eternally optimistic linebacker. Not for long, though, because Elliss' faith won't allow it.

"The word of God says, 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition, present your requests before God and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your mind and heart in Christ Jesus our Lord,'" the New Orleans Saints' four-year veteran said. "Faith is No. 1 for me, my relationship with God is No. 1.

"Honestly without Him, I would have been pretty frustrated. The year after (tearing) my ACL (as a rookie in 2019), I didn't feel like myself. And the role I was given as a special teamer (in '20), I was like, right now, this sucks but this right now is where I'm at, and I'm going to work to get better.

"Last year, I felt like, man, I could really help this defense, I could be a great player in this league. But at the end of the day, it just wasn't my time to get on the field and show it yet. ...

Full Story - New Orleans Saints Official Site

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom