Kaden Elliss will start for this team. (1 Viewer)

Elliss seems to have a nose for the football. Always around the ball carrier.

Not a bad trait to have as a linebacker. I look forward to more preseason play from him.

We don't know if Anzalone 's shoulder can handle a full 16 games, when it heals up. So Elliss could see a significant amount of snaps and starts.

You guys can scoff at the OPs take all you want... but if AA doesn't stay out of the training room... Elliss has the ability to take a staring job.... It showed up yesterday more than once, he made at lot of "calls" on defense too... the coaches obviously wanted to see much more of him for a reason... it's not far fetched at all.

You guys can scoff at the OPs take all you want... but if AA doesn't stay out of the training room... Elliss has the ability to take a staring job.... It showed up yesterday more than once, he made at lot of "calls" on defense too... the coaches obviously wanted to see much more of him for a reason... it's not far fetched at all.
Who is scoffing at the OP?

He'll take Robertson's spot if the injury is significant.
I could see this as well. He may also start the season as the primary backup for AA if they're both healthy but could end up taking his spot if AA either doesn't play well or has another substantial injury.

I said it before the game yesterday in the gameday thread that Elliss was the guy to watch yesterday and was glad to see him play as well as he did. And we know how much Payton likes players who come from NFL families too.

Nearly everyone "Meh" voted his post...
Yet there are two pages of people actually agreeing with the OP instead of just clicking a smiley. There's a whopping 7 votes on the OP, man.

And people are probably just saying pump your brakes with the "meh" ratings. People really take those things too seriously.

Yet there are two pages of people actually agreeing with the OP instead of hiding behind a smiley. There's a whopping 7 votes on the OP, man.

And people are probably just saying pump your brakes with the "meh" ratings. People really take those things too seriously.

It was an observation... and a valid one... I agreed with the overall written sentiment... just pointed out obvious silent scoffing... relax.

It was an observation... and a valid one... I agreed with the overall written sentiment... just pointed out obvious silent scoffing... relax.
I just don't pay any attention to the ratings a post gets so I assumed you were talking about something said in the thread. It's all good.

I need to see him handle 1st teamers before I get on board the Elliss train. If Thor and Robertson are out significate time then I'd be worried our only back up is a 7th round pick. I would bet that the team will be looking to bring in a vet to fill any void left by Anzalone and Robertson's absences.

Why are peole down on Klein ? The guy is a player. Glad he is on the Saints team.

Speaking only for myself, but I said nothing about being down on AJ Klein. That dude's as solid and as reliable as they come. But the fact of the matter is that this is potentially the last year of his contract. Kaden is on a bottom of the barrel rookie deal, while Klein will eat about 9mil of the pie. Releasing him in 2020 wont cost us any dead money. Over that time frame, Elliss could be groomed for a starting role. I know the AA47 injury has given Elliss more opportunities, but if you go by all the TC media blurbs and account for his usage, snap count, and performance after 2 preseason games, the writing is kind of beginning to show on the wall. If Elliss keeps improving and making plays on D, he's gonna be a hard guy to keep off of the field.

Elliss jumped off screen for me, almost immediately after being inserted into the game.

He's one of those players that seem to always be near the football on every single play. That's a skill that can't be taught.

I have a good feeling about this player just from these two games. Also, until the announcers mentioned it, I had no idea that this was Luther Ellis' kid, so he's got the NFL bloodline working for him as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom