Kaden Elliss..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Really excited to see him play.
I recall last camp several of the vets noticed him and commented positively on him. Then an injury andkind of forgot about him.

I‘m very excited to see what he can do.

Reading up on him, I must have completely missed this, but his father is Luther Elliss.....long time NFL DT and a pro bowler in 1999 and 2000.

Yeah, I'm still going off 2019 hype for him. They had him learning to make calls with the 1s. Lots of praise. Not much noise coming out this year in general. You always have the cautionary tales like Butler when it comes to camp hype. But he has made the 53 two years in a row. Good chance we'll see what he's got this year.

Keep in mind, Payton said the roster will change so much in the next couple weeks that the media won’t be able to keep up. So who knows who will actually be starting at SLB

LB depth is my biggest worry heading into the season. I hope Elliss and Anzalone prove me wrong but I view that position group as our red flag going into the season. Davis of course is great, and I was hoping Baun would be ready week one. I'm not sold on Anzalone (injuries) and Ellis though. Happy for them to prove me wrong.

Really excited to see him play.
I recall last camp several of the vets noticed him and commented positively on him. Then an injury andkind of forgot about him.

I‘m very excited to see what he can do.

Reading up on him, I must have completely missed this, but his father is Luther Elliss.....long time NFL DT and a pro bowler in 1999 and 2000.
Had a chance to spend quite a bit of time talking with him in Seattle last year. Nice young man. Smart. Respectful and excited to be a Saint.

LB depth is my biggest worry heading into the season. I hope Elliss and Anzalone prove me wrong but I view that position group as our red flag going into the season. Davis of course is great, and I was hoping Baun would be ready week one. I'm not sold on Anzalone (injuries) and Ellis though. Happy for them to prove me wrong.

Yeah me too. What's crazy is 3 weeks ago I would have said LB had the most depth.

Last edited:
LB depth is my biggest worry heading into the season.

Really? The Saints are 1 play away from having either Patrick Robinson or P.J. Williams starting at boundary CB! Either player would immediately create a gigantic weakness to the defense.

LB may not be very deep, but it’s much easier to hide/cover-up than boundary CB.

Really? The Saints are 1 play away from having either Patrick Robinson or P.J. Williams starting at boundary CB! Either player would immediately create a gigantic weakness to the defense.

LB may not be very deep, but it’s much easier to hide/cover-up than boundary CB.

I like both players but -- as you said -- not on the edge.

That goes for the entire league though. Our drop off with an injury at CB would be significant but our starters are good and backups are capable. At LB, we have 1 known commodity, 1 oft injured player, and an unknown. We're starting with starters that can be described at best as capable. The reserves 0lafter them are serviceable to replaceable.

Well great corners don't grow on trees. Compared to most teams, we are very solid at corner. Obviously, it will be a dream if Lattimore and Jenkins can play the full season. But if either go down, while P Rob and PJ aren't ideal, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

We have a 7th rd pick at LB who has only played 3 games, a LB who shows flashes but has had two season ending injuries in his three years, and Demario. Then our depth consists of a LB currently on PUP who has torn his ACL three times.

I'm hoping Baun gets up to speed the next four weeks. But our LB corp does not inspire me. It's a small reason why I was all-in on Clowney. A dominant D Line would have masked the LBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom