Kamara basically given the night off Monday night (and sorry if this has already been discussed)... (1 Viewer)

metalreb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Nice to have enough stars to pretty much rest one for an important game...SP clearly hated AK taking as many hits as he did the first 4 games...man after the bye everybody should be rested and ready to go for that brutal 5 game stretch we've got coming up...

I think the game plan was to basically give he and Thomas the night off since Payton knew they'd both be the guys getting the double teams. And it worked beautifully.

Don't think Kamara liked the night off after watching him. I know they want to save him and it seemed like a good idea but I think AK wanted to be more in the middle of the action.

Don't think Kamara liked the night off after watching him. I know they want to save him and it seemed like a good idea but I think AK wanted to be more in the middle of the action.

That's what I was thinking...superstars like AK want that damn ball,,,

Great players like AK should understand their role on the team when the game plan involves the player being a decoy. AK is a smart player. I think he gets it. It appeared to me that Drew's record breaking TD to Smith was a direct result of Washington's Josh Norman's hard "bite" on Kamara's swing pass route. So that play is a perfect example of AK decoying to open up other players.

EDIT: And Drew's patented "shoulder pump" helped as well.

Last edited:
Correct... we need AK going forward and he will be ready...

Mark Ingram, Alvin Kamara, Mike Thomas, and an emerging TreQuan Smith and Cameron Meredith... that's a lot of talent. If they can all be cool with being the occasional decoy in game plans, the sky is the limit. If egos start getting touched, it works out for nobody. Hopefully this group of superstars are the kind of guys that can make that work. I think they can from what weve seen... and then there's Taysom Hill and that suckerpunch.

18 touches for Ingram and 9 for Kamara. I pretty much called it before the game:

I think Ingram gets 15 touches to give Kamara a light day. Kamara is banged up and a light workload headed into the bye is what he needs. Hopefully we jump out to a big lead, so we don’t have to lean on Kamara late in the game.

I thought this was a smart move. Ingram needed the touches, especially with a bye this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom