Kamara does not make the 1st player miss anymore. (1 Viewer)

Not the elusive self he once was unfortunately. Too many for instances after his injury, where the first defender makes the tackle. And 1 on 1 to boot!
He is clearly not at 100%. He isn't hitting the hole with authority and he is telegraphing every screen. I fear we won't see him at full speed until next year.

He is '99 Ricky with this high ankle thing. Took FOREVER for RW to get over it. It's just a fact that he probably won't be 100% this year.

Ya know a few of us have mentioned this for a while now - then he has a few “pop” plays and you think oh okay maybe he is starting to get back into the groove... it never seems to stick though... something definitely isnt right whether its still the injury lingering or something mentally who knows- hopefully though he pulls through it and gets his groove back.

There was a few plays where im used to him just blowing by / through guys for big gains and then it doesnt happen and im a little stunned.

He doesn't seem to be able to cut. That's why he pops one up the middle every now and then. He seems fine with straight line running, but Those routes around the end that he is so good at just don't seem possible for him at this point. Guys are getting him with ankle tackles too. Not even solid tackling, just touch him and he goes down.

He is definetely injured. Let him heal for playoffs. Go with Murray and Harris for a couple of weeks.

The Saints offense peaked early last year before the Dallas game. It has not been the same since for the most part and I believe Dallas showed the rest of the league the adjustments needed to slow down Brees and company, JMHO.

They scored 39 points against the best defense in the league.

I would use D. Harris Murray and Hill. Harris is lightning bolt out there. We also need to design some trick plays of our own because they busted the hell out of us when we least expected it.

At this point, you can't extend him over the offseason. Sure, he could be getting over the injury, but he's 8 week recovered at this point...he should be starting to look like himself. Man, he's been so disappointing.

I'm not sure it's all physical with him but something is definitely off! Murray needs to get the majority of the carries until further notice.

Not the elusive self he once was unfortunately. Too many for instances after his injury, where the first defender makes the tackle. And 1 on 1 to boot!
If he has a lingering injury the coach should rest him till the playoffs. He is not effective as he is now.

Maybe he still isn't physically right. Maybe its something else. There does seem to be a lack of lateral quickness, and desire really. He often has an opportunity to gain another 3-5 yards by just taking it up the sideline and not even taking much of a hit and he always chooses the sideline.

What I can say with absolute certainty is that Payton is doing a terrible job with play designs for him. You cant make a guy miss when they are on you before you really even establish yourself as a runner. Those wide pitches and tosses he hasn't even transitioned from the width of the pitch to moving upfield before he has at least 1 guy already on him.

The screen designs and/or execution have been atrocious. This team has always been elite on screens. This year they just seem like nothing is being done correctly.

But, boils down to scoring 46 at home on the #1 defense in the NFL, and losing by 2. No excuses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom