Saints Kamara due for a big game next week against S.F (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After scoring 31 T.Ds his first two years and a big scoring game against Seattle September the 22nd, Kamara is in a severe scoring drought.

On December 8th it will have been 2 and a half months since Alvin has seen paydirt. It would be one thing if he wasn't producing. He has an excellent number of catches for the year. Since he returned from an injury he has a healthy Y.P.C (around 5.5 doing rough math.)

A player of his caliber and track record can't be kept out of the end zone all season long. Eventually the laws of average return a player to their mean. Sooner or later Kamara is going to get red hot. What a better time than this week. Then get him going full steam for the playoffs.

Kamara is not the same back this year. I don't know if he's still injured or what, but he hasn't been the same. He still has game-breaking ability. He's just not displaying it as often. There's no more Mark Ingram, and I don't think Payton has done a good job of mixing in Murray like he did with Ingram and Kamara.

I think we need more Murray.

Kamara is not the same back this year. I don't know if he's still injured or what, but he hasn't been the same. He still has game-breaking ability. He's just not displaying it as often. There's no more Mark Ingram, and I don't think Payton has done a good job of mixing in Murray like he did with Ingram and Kamara.

Kamara was doing just fine until the high ankle sprain and a tweaked knee. I'd say he has absolutely not been at 100% these past few weeks. That's why he hasn't been shaking people out of their pants or hurdling over them like the guy we know. This isn't directed at you, but what the heck is wrong with people speculating that he has lost motivation or that he's salty because his friend is gone? That's all hogwash. The guy has been hurt.

I expect gradual improvement from him as he continues to get to 100%. This very well could be a big game for him. I do agree that Murray needs more touches. He's done a fine job for us this year, but Payton doesn't seem to know how to balance the two's touches yet. When it's a 4th and 1 situation, Murray would be my choice all day.

We need to stop with the conspiracy theories about AK. Nothing in his NFL history suggests he’s not giving his best effort or haz the sads about Ingram or is pining for the fiords.

The only amateur hypothesis that makes any sense, that we can reasonably propose from the meager available facts (he suffered an injury and was out for a while) is that he is playing while knowing he’s not fully healed and risks reaggravating his injury in a way that could knock him out of the playoffs and maybe even affect his career. That would depress any player with his amount of pride.

If any of that is true, he also would be pressured to not talk about it, meaning he couldn’t explain to us why he is underperforming. He needs our support, not our fickle comments.

I know my theory is a total guess but at least it doesn’t insult the integrity of a player that has done nothing but thrill us with his talent in every game before his injury.

Last edited:
How fast are SF’s LBs?
They are quite fast, and Fred Warner is a very heady and a great coverage Linebacker. (not quite as good as Deion Jones but in that same type of mold)

Sadly I don't think this game is a great match-up for Kamara, they have too much edge speed on Defense. Murray running downhill behind Line is the better match-up.

They are quite fast, and Fred Warner is a very heady and a great coverage Linebacker. (not quite as good as Deion Jones but in that same type of mold)

Sadly I don't think this game is a great match-up for Kamara, they have too much edge speed on Defense. Murray running downhill behind Line is the better match-up.

He’s good. But there’s just something different about playing a guy for the first time. Jones and Kuechly are the only ones I’ve seen who can truly slow him down. And that’s because they see him twice a year. Kamara gave Bobby Wagner fits in Seattle.

I think Kamara has a big day.

Agreed. I see more success for Murray in this game (running out the backfield) than Kamara.

It's pretty simple really when you look into it and watch his tape.

If you go to his rookie year, and even last year, then watch this years games. There is one thing that is blatantly different about his game, and is affecting his success.

First we need to talk about what makes AK41 so special.

Let's break it down to a science

For starters AK has an exceptional burst, he can go from 0-60 faster then any RB in the NFL. He also has exceptional balance. Combine that with his burst and the momentum he Carries when a defender trys to tackle him, it makes him nearly impossible to bring down.

THE DIFFERENCE

Looking at AK's tape in year 1 and 2 compared to his tape this year you notice one big difference.

In years 1 and 2 AK would come out of the backfield like he was shot out of a cannon. He carried so much momentum, due to his quick acceleration, that it made it hard for defenders to being him down. Combine that with his core strength and balance and it makes it nearly impossible for one man to tackle him

As you watch the tape this year you notice when he takes the handoff, he is doing a lot more dancing an jump cutting rather then just taking off. Therefore not carrying as much momentum. Which is making it a lot easier for him to be tackled. Which is why your seeing the first defender being able to being him down a lot more frequently then in seasons past.

Newton's law is undefeated

Now, maybe he has made that change to his game bc hes injured. Or maybe he made it to prevent further injury. I'm not sure, I'm not behind the scenes working with Alvin. There also could be other factors contributing to the way AK has looked this year. Regardless of that, I can only give my perspective from watching the film, and what it tells me.

I hope this has been helpful, if you want to go look for yourself I fully recommend getting NFL all 22.

He’s good. But there’s just something different about playing a guy for the first time. Jones and Kuechly are the only ones I’ve seen who can truly slow him down. And that’s because they see him twice a year. Kamara gave Bobby Wagner fits in Seattle.

I think Kamara has a big day.

if he’s right

Fred Warner is their rookie MLB and I’ve been impressed. Kamara will be covered coming out if the backfield. Certainly we will give it a few attempts but we better have other options (mis-matches) or were in trouble.

He has not looked the same to me since the injury. I think he should be used sparingly. I do not see him returning to his prior form these last couple of games. I wonder if they are rushing him back too soon and he just can't heal properly. I think we should see heavy Latavius. SF is super fast on defense, and I do not see him being his dynamic self if he is not 100% healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom