Kamara extended! (5yrs/$77M) [merged] (1 Viewer)

Sources: The #Saints & star RB Alvin Kamara have reached an agreement on a huge 5-year contract extension worth $75M in new money. He gets $77.133M overall and a $15M signing bonus. Kamara cashes in. Agent Damarius Bilbo of Klutch Sports did the deal. đź’° đź’° đź’°

It's a 5 year extension worth 75 million, with a $15 million dollar signing bonus.

Very excited we extended Alvin! Love what he brings to the team, and IMO, he is right up there with McCaffrey! That said, McCaffrey has proven much more durable and capable of carrying more workload than AK, and that's where I'm not comfortable with paying him $15 mil/season.

I think $13 mil/year was the number for Alvin, and while I don't think $2 mil/year is going to make or break us this year, I still feel like this was an overpay. In a vacuum, Alvin is worth this contract, but I'm not sure that applies here when you consider his durability issues and the shared touches he takes.

Still, this is a great day! A healthy AK is a true game changer, and we locked him up through his prime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom