Kamara now has a knee injury too (1 Viewer)

fdl16

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Not good. I’d sit him against Chicago because you know they’ll be gunning for him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton said Alvin Kamara had a swollen ankle coming into the game and tweaked his knee during it.</p>&mdash; John Hendrix (@JohnJHendrix) <a href="">October 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not good. I’d sit him against Chicago because you know they’ll be gunning for him.

You could tell he was a little banged up. I’d let Murray be the workhorse for now. I’d hate for Kamara to get even more banged up because we’re going to need him later.

Kamara wasn't his usual self today but I guess that was quite apparent. I would imagine he'll get some down time this week to heal up a bit before Chicago. If he's good enough to go this weekend, hopefully we'll use him sparingly or as a decoy if needed.

I swear payton can be the biggest dumb arse sometimes. It was clear kamara was hobbled during the game and still continued to run him like an idiot when they had 2 healthy backs on the roster. Now hes even more hurt. Good job Payton

Um, maybe all signs pointed to AK being 100%.

Of course he would use him like regular.

It just as easily could have been they spied/doubled/made it a point to not let Kamara beat them.

I swear payton can be the biggest dumb arse sometimes. It was clear kamara was hobbled during the game and still continued to run him like an idiot when they had 2 healthy backs on the roster. Now hes even more hurt. Good job Payton

Yes...we need to be aware we have an idiot for a head coach. And yes, Kamara really appeared he was “hobbled”, and instead, the Jags defense was not keen on their approach in slowing him down, with 8 men in the box. Never could I have imagined that.

AK was clearly not his usual self vs Jax. Big props to Latavius Murray for stepping up and running hard. Murray showed me that he is capable of being the main guy for a short stretch, and he should have had a TD on that screen and nice run after catch, if not for a chincey holding call on CGM.
The Saints are 5-1 heading into Chicago... Most folks never saw this is a possibility when Brees went down. The Saints need to be smart and make sure AK can get right and stay right for the stretch run. Sit him vs Chicago

I mean what do we expect? We're running him into the ground and we have no one on the roster that has his skillset.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted us to sign Darren Sproles, so that AK could have some relief.

We use to have guys like Pierre Thomas who could help out when we were short.

The bigger problem is that the OL can’t get a decent push in the running game. Everyone calls them “elite”...that may be true for their ability to pass block, but it’s definitely NOT true regarding the running game. Kamara has absolutely nowhere to run.

Murray averaged 5 yards per carry yesterday, so unless he was doing that all by himself, the OL was putting in some work.

Kamara clearly didn’t look like himself out there. I saw a single defender take him down in the open field on more than one occasion, and that never happens. He appeared a step slower and his tackle breaking ability was almost nill.
He was favoring the ankle, and in doing that, I think he tweaked his knee.

Teams have quit tackling Kamara like normal. They never try and hit his upper body or even wrap at his waist. They always go for his knees and ankles (pretty smart unfortunately). The last 3 weeks I've seen him get hit and twisted in his lower extremities a lot.

The bigger problem is that the OL can’t get a decent push in the running game. Everyone calls them “elite”...that may be true for their ability to pass block, but it’s definitely NOT true regarding the running game. Kamara has absolutely nowhere to run.

Or

It could be that the teams we play have their own Defensive Coordinators, that spend their week game planning to take away our run game and make TB throw.

I don't know but just a hunch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom