Kamara now has a knee injury too (1 Viewer)

we gotta help AK out going forward. So many great things are mentioned in this topic already. Teams are gunning for him, knowing if they mess his balance up... his skill set is greatly challenged.

ATL took it to an extreme in that prime time game we had with them... they just went ahead and took him out of the game early...

I mean what do we expect? We're running him into the ground and we have no one on the roster that has his skillset.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted us to sign Darren Sproles, so that AK could have some relief.

We use to have guys like Pierre Thomas who could help out when we were short.
Pierre Thomas did a little more than help out when we were short handed. He was an amazingly skilled back who could run between the tackles, block, set screens, & used his blocking as well as anyone.

The bigger problem is that the OL can’t get a decent push in the running game. Everyone calls them “elite”...that may be true for their ability to pass block, but it’s definitely NOT true regarding the running game. Kamara has absolutely nowhere to run.

Agreed, making AK the " bell cow" is almost a sure way to shorten his career, IMHO

He's fine.

It will take a lot to prevent him from playing in a game.
its not about him playing, its about the production he can give you if hurt

yesterday he was nothing more then a receiver who tried to run the ball

he had no push so he did what he could but got limited to a yard or two a play and we need more then that

when payton finally started giving murray the ball he was doing good, but payton wasnt giving him the ball enough and kept wasting plays with injured kamara to get 2 yards and leave us in 3rd and 8 3rd and 7 consistantly

Not good. I’d sit him against Chicago because you know they’ll be gunning for him.

giphy.gif

Just more evidence the Saints need another weapon or 2 on offense. Relying too much on AK and CGM. Hopefully Cook will continue to step up and prove his worth but they really need another WR opposite CGM to step up.

In the past when Payton brought in players via free agency and they under perform, they eventually get benched and later cut.
But in this case, I don't understand why Sean under-utilize Murray and leaned on Karama too much. Sean knows AK is not a bruising back but in the last few game he was trying to use him like he was. Murray produced in this offense and has the ability to score.

Now AK is injuried. I hope that it's not too bad. But this is Payton false for not using Murray more. You can make the same case for Jared Cook in some instances as well.

Unfortunately, this weeks opponents is an NFC one. Therefore this game is important in terms of playoff seeding. When you are trying for homefield advantage those division/conference games are doublely important.

I would love to see Murray get 12-15 carries next week. He’s a big back and I loved what I saw against the Jags. Dude was finding the seam and gashing the Jags.

I think Payton has earned our trust that if he decides to play Kamara, that the staff and doctors feel we are not making him liable for long term risk.

I don’t understand why we didn’t use Murray more yesterday. He was doing well. What was CSP thinking by limiting his touches? AK wasn’t at 100% and it showed. Why tear him up more when we have Murray?

I don’t understand why we didn’t use Murray more yesterday. He was doing well. What was CSP thinking by limiting his touches? AK wasn’t at 100% and it showed. Why tear him up more when we have Murray?

Quick guess... Close game... very little offense by either team... Kamara dictates what a defense can and can't do while on the field... Murray doesn't....

I think you have to have AK involved this week, even as a decoy. Bears are gonna be keyed on him which could open up some other options. I'd like to see some more 2 back sets with AK and Murray on the field together. Get through this week with a win any way they can, then rest him against Az at home and the bye week the next to have him good for the second half of the season. Gameplan heavy with Murray this week. Have to trust the coaching staff.

Quick guess... Close game... very little offense by either team... Kamara dictates what a defense can and can't do while on the field... Murray doesn't....

Plus, with Drew out, teams are stacking the box and forcing Teddy to beat them in the passing game. Murray isn’t the type of runner who will squeeze through tight spaces or break tackles at the LOS on first contact very often.

Once he gets a head of steam, he’s VERY difficult to bring down, which we saw on those screens. But he’s also not like Ingram in the sense that Ingram ran low and hard and could break first contact at the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom