Kamara now has a knee injury too (1 Viewer)

Bring Harris into the fold, he's can break a big run at any time and he's an unknown, which could work in our favor. Kamara needs to rest.

So you want to play our 5’ 6”, 170 lb rookie kick returner at RB against the Bears? They would probably wouldn’t see that coming. Akiem Hicks would be scraping Harris out of his cleats by the end of the first series.

You have sit Kamara at this point. His injuries are piling up and hobbled he’s easier for D’s to catch. He’s at great risk of getting injured more severely. This team needs to worry about the playoff stretch with Brees instead of next week.

So you want to play our 5’ 6”, 170 lb rookie kick returner at RB against the Bears? They would probably wouldn’t see that coming. Akiem Hicks would be scraping Harris out of his cleats by the end of the first series.

You have sit Kamara at this point. His injuries are piling up and hobbled he’s easier for D’s to catch. He’s at great risk of getting injured more severely. This team needs to worry about the playoff stretch with Brees instead of next week.

I think Hicks May miss this one. Suffered a pretty nasty elbow injury in London.

Ahhh it's Monday, time for a trip to Second Guess City.

Players get knocks and play through many of them. This is the NFL

We're on to Chicago.

Wouldn’t mind resting him a game and using Murray with a dash of Washington

I don’t even want to see a “dash” of Washington at RB. I have zero faith in him as a runner or receiver, and I fear he would be a turnover waiting to happen (especially vs a ball-hawking Bears defense).

If (IF) the Saints were to hold AK out vs Chicago and let him take a week to get healthy... I’d much rather see them sign Zach Zenner and give him 4-5 carries in relief of Murray

I think you have to have AK involved this week, even as a decoy. Bears are gonna be keyed on him which could open up some other options. I'd like to see some more 2 back sets with AK and Murray on the field together. Get through this week with a win any way they can, then rest him against Az at home and the bye week the next to have him good for the second half of the season. Gameplan heavy with Murray this week. Have to trust the coaching staff.
I like the way your thinking. 2 back set. Saints need this one big time. Can rest him at home against AZ. Not to say that AZ sucks but this game is important. I mean don't run him in the ground but use on a few out routes to move chains if his knee is tender. Got to be able to have him down the road

Everybody gets carries. Harris, Ginn, T Hill, Carr, Line, Washington, Murray,.

TE screens.

Whatever it takes to control the ball, move the chains, and keep the Saints out of 3rd and long.

Pierre Thomas did a little more than help out when we were short handed. He was an amazingly skilled back who could run between the tackles, block, set screens, & used his blocking as well as anyone.
I'm wasn't talking down on his skillset, I was saying how we had someone like him when Bush or Sproles were injured.

I mean what do we expect? We're running him into the ground and we have no one on the roster that has his skillset.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted us to sign Darren Sproles, so that AK could have some relief.

We use to have guys like Pierre Thomas who could help out when we were short.

Running him into the ground? His season high carries is 17 and the last 2 weeks he hasn't been on the field for more than 65% of the offense snaps.

Murray averaged 5 yards per carry yesterday, so unless he was doing that all by himself, the OL was putting in some work.

Kamara clearly didn’t look like himself out there. I saw a single defender take him down in the open field on more than one occasion, and that never happens. He appeared a step slower and his tackle breaking ability was almost nill.
He was favoring the ankle, and in doing that, I think he tweaked his knee.

Right 5.5 ypc this week and 4.0 last week so I don't think oline can be blamed. Most people will disagree with this, but Kamara hasn't been playing up to his standards since Drew went down. Most notably in the running game, but like it was mentioned, teams are stacking the box.

Murray is more than capable of handling the brunt of the load. He just needs more touches a game to prove it, dude is good. Washington would be fine as a relief to Murray. Sure our style changes with those two, but I really wouldn't consider it much of a downgrade.

Right 5.5 ypc this week and 4.0 last week so I don't think oline can be blamed. Most people will disagree with this, but Kamara hasn't been playing up to his standards since Drew went down. Most notably in the running game, but like it was mentioned, teams are stacking the box.

So you don't think Kamara against Seattle was up to his standards? I'd say he was great that game.

Um, maybe all signs pointed to AK being 100%.

Of course he would use him like regular.

It just as easily could have been they spied/doubled/made it a point to not let Kamara beat them.

Bingo.....The guy I was sitting next to at the game yesterday, figured this out at the end of the 1st quarter. They assigned like 2 people to him, it was crazy, there was somebody waiting for him everywhere he went.

Running him into the ground? His season high carries is 17 and the last 2 weeks he hasn't been on the field for more than 65% of the offense snaps.
I don't have the numbers, but it's still higher than what we're use to seeing from various backs in this offense. Considering how unique and valuable he is to us, we need someone to spell him and we don't. At this point I wouldn't even mind Cadett coming in to give him a breather.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom